rebuilding kit 12_ht (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!
I'm looking for a rebuilding kit for my 12-HT, I have found on internet this one, that seems very interesting:
Has anyone used it or has information about it?
Any other information about good quality rebuoding kit is very appreciated.
Thank's!
Paolo

Hi!
I'm looking for a rebuilding kit for my 12-HT, I have found on internet this one, that seems very interesting:
Has anyone used it or has information about it?
Any other information about good quality rebuoding kit is very appreciated.
Thank's!
Paolo

I used Engines Australia for my rebuild kit on my 13BT. Overall I would say it's good, there were a few things however I would use OEM on.

1: Headgasket - get an MLS style headgasket if you can for the 12HT
2. Intake gasket - get OEM or make out of remflex, the one Engines Australia supplied was junk and I had to replace within months.

I had a few other issues, but I have no idea how you would check until you are into it or whether it will apply to your build:

My timing cover gasket was incorrect for the year, I just ended up using FIPG rather than reorder
My cam bearings were incorrect from them, TWICE! Which was a pain waiting from australia. I had to order CAM bearings for a 14B from Toyota, ( at least thats what the sizes measured to exactly, Engines Australia nor anyone I asked could figure that one out) We thought maybe early vs later year engines, but that was not the case.

Overall it's a good kit with Quality parts/bearings. Bearings were Taiho which are good.

I stopped having much respect for Noordeman when they said they could increase a 2H's output by 30% with a cam regrind. Yeah nah...

I'd also suggest Engines Australia, but get an OEM gasket kit for the 12HT, 04111-68031 - I got mine from Partsouq, $208USD and worth every penny.

Thank you all for the advice, specially about gasket; I have undestand that must be OEM. This is a good point to start.

I was told this by a rebuilder and a toyota mechanic, use the OEM rear main oil seal and thermostat. Too much time and expense involved to save $20-$30 if they fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom