Reboot your cruiser lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, you have two of these wrenches. What you do is put the box end on the bolt 17mm in this case and slip the box end of a second wrench (in its side) on one prong of the open end of the first wrench. It gives you a lot more leverage.

It sounds a lot more confusing than it is.

Had no trouble at all with either bolt when I removed my starter. Just used a long extension (really long) and snatched them off from behind, next to the tranny. Piece 'o cake.

RedmondCruiser said:
Yes, you have two of these wrenches. What you do is put the box end on the bolt 17mm in this case and slip the box end of a second wrench (in its side) on one prong of the open end of the first wrench. It gives you a lot more leverage.

It sounds a lot more confusing than it is.

got it, , knew the Brits call wrenches "spanners" just never heard the phrase "ring spanner"

gonna have to start using that at work, a lot smoother/shorter then "box end wrench", see if it catches on.

Sorry lads, I always forget when replying on here, must remember to add the American version as well, I have seen the word box spanner on write ups, but just assumed you meant "a box spanner" a box spanner here in the UK is a length of tube with a hexagon end to fit on a bolt head. so what do you call our box spanner?

snowwolfwarrior said:
....so what do you call our box spanner?

I *think* your box spanner might be known as a socket...
socket.JPG

~160k miles and original contacts. I thought about replacing them during the rebuild, but didn't bother.

heavy rain/moisture

Living in South Florida, wondering what heavy. heavy sub-tropical rain might do to starter contacts - at least temporarily. We've been deluged and the next day the truck dash lit up - acted funky. Then normal as always to this very moment -perfect. :beer:

I remember the exact same question asked last week by somebody named....bounder. Maybe ask him what answers he got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom