Rear Wiper Arm Modern Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LX450 rear wiper arm is rusting and I'd like to replace it. Original Part Number 85190R #85241-60011. I had previously stripped, primed and painted, but the paint failed after a season.

Has anyone replaced the original OEM with a more modern Lexus/Toyota replacement. Preferable one with a plastic cover.
7c0ea57d334db9abb40363f949dad131.png

Picture Example: LX470 Wiper Arm.

For example, the Toyota Highlander 2001 - 2004 has a similar part with a plastic shield.
http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=351565

Hey, did you replace the wiper arm?

The only good way to restore these is to blast or acid-wash and powdercoat them. The arm shape is different for each vehicle, so you won't be able to find a newer arm that works for the same application.

I replaced mine with new OE arms, which are expensive, then fit a Bosch-type adapter on the end to use Bosch blades. It worked just fine.
I bought new arms because the old ones were too far gone to be cleaned up and I didn't want to put time into it.

I put new arms on the front, made a huge difference in wiper performance getting rid of the worn out springs.

Plan for the rear is to just remove it.

The only good way to restore these is to blast or acid-wash and powdercoat them.

I used VHT caliper paint on the arms on my BJ74. I baked them in my garage toaster oven :hillbilly:. I did that job a year and a half ago, the vehicle lives outside year-round and they still look great.

Can you change out the springs?
The VHT website says Bake at 200°F (93°C) for 1 hour. Pretty cool. I'll do all three.
How tough is arm removal and install?

Can you change out the springs?
The VHT website says Bake at 200°F (93°C) for 1 hour. Pretty cool. I'll do all three.
How tough is arm removal and install?

You could probably change the springs if you can source a suitable replacement, IIRC they are not a separate item available from Toyota.

The wiper arm replacement is very simple.

If you had a local place that dipped black zinc.....
I have recently tried these blades and have them on all my cars now. Time will tell.
Flex Blade
Amazon is pretty cheap for them.
Search FLX and Length. They sell them in pairs. I think fronts are 18"

The only good way to restore these is to blast or acid-wash and powdercoat them. The arm shape is different for each vehicle, so you won't be able to find a newer arm that works for the same application.

I replaced mine with new OE arms, which are expensive, then fit a Bosch-type adapter on the end to use Bosch blades. It worked just fine.
I bought new arms because the old ones were too far gone to be cleaned up and I didn't want to put time into it.

Mine aren't that bad,yet. I've sprayed those springs plenty of times.:hillbilly:

I put new arms on the front, made a huge difference in wiper performance getting rid of the worn out springs.

Plan for the rear is to just remove it.

I love the rear wiper from January to March.

The real concern.... I see rust starting from under the window rubber on the tailgate directly behind the rear wiper.

I've got a 1992 FJ80, and I found one site that said part # 85241-60012 would fit, but all of the web sites I'm finding say it doesn't. Does anyone know if this will fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom