Rear Wheel Well Weld-In Panels for Cut Openings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone make weld-in panels to repair rear wheel wells that have been cut larger? I would like to take these opening back to a profile so standard Bushwacker flares will fit.

Thanks

1616286748810.JPEG

It looks like it might be worth replacing the whole quarter panel while you have it all apart.
I would hate to tear the panel off because it is 100% solid but I get what you are saying. Thanks for your input, it is an option. I may talk to the body shop to see what the cost would be to put new panels on if I supplied them the RSCP items.

This is what you need. I used this and they work great.

View attachment 2620982View attachment 2620983
You're right, they do look good! I am assuming they make them larger so you can line up the bottom edges and then trace your current profile on the back side. Thus, giving you the line where you need to cut of the upper profile overlap to match your existing one. Am I correct on this?

Thanks,
Drake

A shop did it for me but yes that’s what they did. Traced, cut, lined them up and welded.

I just did this and would’ve done the whole quarter. If you have any issues on the back facing part of the quarter then do the whole quarter. The cost of a new quarter is inexpensive compared to patching and fixing alll the small issues.

I just did this and would’ve done the whole quarter. If you have any issues on the back facing part of the quarter then do the whole quarter. The cost of a new quarter is inexpensive compared to patching and fixing alll the small issues.
I am not aware of any serious issues on the back side of the quarter other than the PO did fill in the weld nuts for the 1/2 doors hardware with bondo and paint over them. Should come out with sand blasting or the chemical dip depending on the process I go with.

Thanks

If you have a stock tub would measure the distance from the wheel well to the flange in the wheel opening. Then do the same with the cut wheel well. I would then verify how wide the replacements are. I can see by your picture they trimmed forward past the B pillar seam. Doubt any replacements are that wide in the section. If you plan to have the tub sand blasted would wait until you have that done unless you are 100% sure the quarter panel are from from rust or other damage. Later if you find something wrong in the rear quarter would be upset you didn't just buy quarter panels in the first place.

If you have a stock tub would measure the distance from the wheel well to the flange in the wheel opening. Then do the same with the cut wheel well. I would then verify how wide the replacements are. I can see by your picture they trimmed forward past the B pillar seam. Doubt any replacements are that wide in the section. If you plan to have the tub sand blasted would wait until you have that done unless you are 100% sure the quarter panel are from from rust or other damage. Later if you find something wrong in the rear quarter would be upset you didn't just buy quarter panels in the first place.
Great idea, I do have some stock openings on another 40 here to measure.

Realsteelcruiserparts online store

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom