Rear Panhard Bolt STUCK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotta heat the threaded end, not the bolt head. Make the back side of the bracket red hot if you need to.

X2 on this ^^^. The induction heater that you mention in your other thread isn’t going to do the trick on this, but those things are awesome. If worse comes to worse and you have to cut the bracket off, I have an 80 rear that’s going under my 60 and I’m cutting that bracket off. I could probably be careful enough to salvage it.

Also, when Johnny says red hot, it needs to be red hot and stay red hot for like a minute after you pull the torch away. Almost to the point where your afraid your going to melt it. You’ll need a rosebud tip on the torch.

SOLVED - Another member (I don't see his real name listed in Members, so I will not identify him) told me that I just need a bigger bar and more umpf. The impact was just agitating the rubber bushing. So......after I broke a breaker bar (there is probably a country song name in there), I got a bigger bar and a pipe and it came loose. YAY!

SOLVED - Another member (I don't see his real name listed in Members, so I will not identify him) told me that I just need a bigger bar and more umpf. The impact was just agitating the rubber bushing. So......after I broke a breaker bar (there is probably a country song name in there), I got a bigger bar and a pipe and it came loose. YAY!
It was me. Glad I could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom