Rear overhead entertainment delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would love to remove it and just have a light fixture to replace the fixture as it is just extra weight. I searched and didn't see anything. Anyone know what the part # needed is?
Thanks fellas!!

I would definitely like to know this as well as the rear entertainment system in my truck probably stopped working years ago.

This is on my to-do as well, but I've had my headliner down to fix the sunroof and see that when the aftermarket rear entertainment was installed a huge hole was cut in the headliner that wouldn't be covered by just the dome light. I'll either need to find a good used headliner without rear entertainment, or see if I can have an upholsterer repair the backing and recover my existing one.

This is on my to-do as well, but I've had my headliner down to fix the sunroof and see that when the aftermarket rear entertainment was installed a huge hole was cut in the headliner that wouldn't be covered by just the dome light. I'll either need to find a good used headliner without rear entertainment, or see if I can have an upholsterer repair the backing and recover my existing one.

Back in my upholstery days I fixed quite a few of these headliners. Put a large backing panel over the hole on the headliner board and fit/blend in a patch. Recover in headliner material. Dome light assemblies can probably be had new from Toyota or get a used one from a part out.

Last edited:
The part number appears to be 81260-60070-A0-U What the question then becomes though is there a metal bracket or something else that it bolts to that was also probably taken out when the entertainment system was put in.

I'm interested to see if you find a better way to solve this. I would love to completely get rid of mine but I had a huge hole in the headliner too. I opted to replace just the screen portion with a molle panel that screws into three of the factory holes with some spacers. It's an improvement for sure, but still not the ideal solution. Happy to share the design file if anyone wants to cut or print one.

IMG_1970.png

I'm interested to see if you find a better way to solve this. I would love to completely get rid of mine but I had a huge hole in the headliner too. I opted to replace just the screen portion with a molle panel that screws into three of the factory holes with some spacers. It's an improvement for sure, but still not the ideal solution. Happy to share the design file if anyone wants to cut or print one.

View attachment 2934775

View attachment 2934775
What year is your truck? Is it the Lexus? My LCs DVD player takes up that entire panel.

tempImageSqVq3e.png

What scares me w/r removing, is how the break in electrical stuff might affect something else like the info system (mine's a '04) or....double fear....the ecu.

Any feedback (no pun intended) on that?

I have an OEM dome light ready to install with the faint hope that when I pull the aftermarket DVD there won’t be a gaping hole in the headliner. If there is I’ll definitely need ideas - filling the hole and getting the ceiling reupholstered too much. Maybe some sort of plastic or 3D printed panel in interior color that covers the hole and that the OEM dome can mount to?

I finally pulled the aftermarket DVD (which has been dead for years and is now rattling nonstop), and now have a gaping hole in the headliner as expected. Anyone have ideas on a 3D printed, plastic and/or wood (sandalwood?) panel that I can use to cover the hole, then mount the OEM dome light to?

3B63F3A2-44E2-4646-8B65-E193E8A6736B.jpeg

I finally pulled the aftermarket DVD (which has been dead for years and is now rattling nonstop), and now have a gaping hole in the headliner as expected. Anyone have ideas on a 3D printed, plastic and/or wood (sandalwood?) panel that I can use to cover the hole, then mount the OEM dome light to?

View attachment 2980631
Some options were outlined earlier in the thread. If you have anybody riding in back though it might not be a bad idea to look at a replacement entertainment screen. I was looking at a really nice 13' one on amazon for about $300. Since you already have the wiring for it it makes it that much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom