!#$&*--Rear main seal help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
Allright, i have already tore two seals trying to get them in and i am starting to get really pissed. I already read some of the other threads but they aren't helping. Is there any special trick to getting this seal in? I keep barely putting one side in and then tapping it but the outer lip of the seal gets cut off by the metal edge on the opening every time. My truck has been down for week and i really need it back so any help would be great. Thanks

I know this is a 60 and you have the split case but....the SST I use is the Rear cover off an FJ40 style t-case. It works like a charm. Also....I didn't read the forums before I put the flywheel back on so learn from my mistake. Even though you used lock tight on the bolts, you need to add silicone to the bolt heads or you will develope am oil leak and have to pull the tranny again.

Thanks treeroot, i'll remember the flywheel thing. I don't have a 40 t-case lying around so i don't know what i'm gonna do. It seems like the edge of the journal (i think that's what it's called) is pretty sharp, would it hurt if i sanded it down just a little so it wouldn't cut my seal?

i used the old seal to tap mine in...no problem. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom