rear license plate frame -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all --

I recently noticed that I'm losing clear coat on my rear hatch due to my lovely license plate vibrating against the body --

-- does any one have a frame they've successfully used to stop this from happening??

I would prefer a black frame -- without lettering or verbage like "no fat chicks, truck scrapes" and the like -- :doh: :doh: :doh:

THANKS!!

eric

I bought a plain plastic black one from Wally World or Auto Zone, put my tag in it, and put a plastic tag from dealer behind it. Screwed the whole thing in. works fine.

When you come by, I'll fix it for ya. I got some sheet metal screws and we'll mount it permanently so nothing vibrates. :flipoff2:

I had the same problem even with a plastic frame. What I did to fix it was to squirt a dime size glob of clear silicone caulk under the two bottom corners of the license plate where it hits the hatch. No more wear and it doesn't rattle. Bob

Eric,

Like you, I was fed up with the license plate rubbing off the paint. I looked around for solutions and tried a few things. The best solution is to mount the license in the bracket that Christo supplies with his rear bumper and tyre carrier.

Problem solved!

:D

-B-

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=5438;start=msg42916#msg42916 date=1063984243]
Eric,

Like you, I was fed up with the license plate rubbing off the paint. I looked around for solutions and tried a few things. The best solution is to mount the license in the bracket that Christo supplies with his rear bumper and tyre carrier.

Problem solved!

-B-

ha!, Beo -- I might need some OME and about $2K for the bumper before I get such a frame...

[/quote]

Ya, but Christos solution is by far the best looking.
Sean

Yeah, um...

See, it's under the license plate and covered by said so I just slapped some POR-15 on there and let it ride. Same thing with under the stupid factory roof rack...

I don't plan on running without plates anytime soon, so...

Todd,

The factory roof rack is not "stupid".............

It is a rust breeding POS :flipoff2:

You sir, are simply too kind ;)

Texas just made license plate frames illegal.I now have a nice crome frame and a
black frame with " LANDCRUISER " .Make an offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom