Rear interior lift up door LED - 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The install took less than one minute (no joke), thanks to @finlayforprez for his detailed install pics which helped to speed the install up. The panel color is identical, a perfect match and I love that it is so easily reversible should one want to return the vehicle back to stock or move it to their next 200.

dOM1nqc.jpg

2k8QwWN.jpg

It's bright as hell, even during the day.

7Gn0c8S.jpg

R4SIXb8.jpg

Perfect full illumination at night and it's directed at the perfect angle for the cargo hold.

WP6OQEd.jpg

The light comes on automatically when opening the lift gate and is easily toggled off with the blue back-lit power button. The light also shuts off automatically when the lift gate is closed and I was pleased to find that it doesn't illuminate with the other interior lights when the side doors are opened.

OHV1Rv5.jpg

Ggv5tfz.jpg

A many thanks to @Brendan for putting this plug-n-play kit together. The fit and finish are first rate, the use of actual OEM parts is a huge plus and the wiring was neat and well done. He shipped the light immediately upon receiving payment and somehow it got to me in just over a week from Western Australia via their standard post. I think this is one of the cleanest, no thought, everyday usable upgrades one could do to their 200. I hope you sell more of these as I think they are a much better option than the National Luna light.

Hey Tex68w,

That's awesome - so glad it's an exact color match, also glad my post was helpful. Once you get your hand inside there it's very easy. I think it's a great little kit and very high quality! The instructions said that the lift gate may close when you plug it in, but that did not happen to me - did it happen to you during the install?

Thanks again @Brendan !!! You Aussies are the best!

Regards, David

The install took less than one minute (no joke), thanks to @finlayforprez for his detailed install pics which helped to speed the install up. The panel color is identical, a perfect match and I love that it is so easily reversible should one want to return the vehicle back to stock or move it to their next 200.
It's bright as hell, even during the day.
Perfect full illumination at night and it's directed at the perfect angle for the cargo hold.
The light comes on automatically when opening the lift gate and is easily toggled off with the blue back-lit power button. The light also shuts off automatically when the lift gate is closed and I was pleased to find that it doesn't illuminate with the other interior lights when the side doors are opened.
A many thanks to @Brendan for putting this plug-n-play kit together. The fit and finish are first rate, the use of actual OEM parts is a huge plus and the wiring was neat and well done. He shipped the light immediately upon receiving payment and somehow it got to me in just over a week from Western Australia via their standard post. I think this is one of the cleanest, no thought, everyday usable upgrades one could do to their 200. I hope you sell more of these as I think they are a much better option than the National Luna light.

Hey Tex68w,

That's awesome - so glad it's an exact color match, also glad my post was helpful. Once you get your hand inside there it's very easy. I think it's a great little kit and very high quality! The instructions said that the lift gate may close when you plug it in, but that did not happen to me - did it happen to you during the install?

Thanks again @Brendan !!! You Aussies are the best!

Regards, David

Yes @finlayforprez, your post was very helpful and the product is indeed first rate. I am impressed with ingenuity of the Thunder from Down Under.

The lift gate didn't move and nothing actuated after plugging it in. I can see how if someone with big meat claws tried to do the install they probably wouldn't fit their hands in the opening, but anyone with normal hands shouldn't have an issue.

A pic of the light on or set to activate when the lift gate is opened to show that the power button is not back lit when not in use. In other words, the blue back light/glow is only present when the light has been manually turned off (override for the auto-on feature) via pushing the power button.

GQPizDx.jpg

Brendan, inbox is full, can't message you. I would like to order one. I would even pay extra for a black one instead of grey. I think the majority of LC from the US with the power lift gate will have black panels.

I will order as well.

Sorry for delay,

At the moment I only have enough parts left to make 3 lights with the grey plastic panels, If I get more interested I will make run of 10 with panels black.

Pm me if interested I have emptied my inbox now.

I did not know he has black panels now - that's cool! I actually painted mine black to match the interior. :)

Brendan, inbox is full, can't message you. I would like to order one. I would even pay extra for a black one instead of grey. I think the majority of LC from the US with the power lift gate will have black panels.

I hope you get enough interested parties to justify making them with the black panels so that others can enjoy this mod. This is a first rate product built with OEM parts and it looks like it belongs there.

FYI I'm Looking at making a few more rear LED lights in the coming weeks. I have been told from my parts Supplier that I can get the more Common USA Black plastic inspection cover so please PM me if you are interested!! Still do the grey cover also just put a request in.

Thanks Brendan

Received mine yesterday and installed it straightaway (took me no more than a couple of minutes thanks to the instructions). It looks and feels like a quality product and puts out a lot of light - so I'm VERY happy. If you don’t like holding flashlights, this is a must-do upgrade!

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback 👍🏻

I have just received some genuine Toyota black inspection covers in the mail to make a few more lights for direct plug in so if anyone is interested please private message me.

I always forget that it is even there until I go to use the lift gate at night and I reminded when the entire area is lit up like the Las Vegas strip. These things work very well.

Installed my kit this morning. Not much more to say about the fit and finish that others haven't already said. Great stuff.

I definitely wasn't able to get my meat hooks in through the access blank as others were. I resorted to pulling back the trim on the lower part of the tailgate to get better access. Once I popped that back, I pushed out the tailgate button, mounted up the light, fed the wiring harness through the switch hole from the inside, then connected and remounted the switch. Took me 5 minutes total.

Lovely cure for a woefully dark cargo area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom