Rear Height Sensors after lift for GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't driven at night yet, but after putting a 2.5" lift + 33's I'd think my headlights are now aimed too high?
I never touched mine. Didn't mess with the washers at all. No errors, no issues with headlights. If the angle is different, it's so slight I have never noticed it 18 months in. Mine is 2.5 on the lift and I'm on 275/65 so about an inch and quarter lower than yours.

So, after driving a bit at night, my headlights are aimed at the moon. Not that bad, but I can see the faces of dudes in lifted full size F250’s.

When I add spacers, do I need to add them to both the left and right ride height sensors or just the passenger side?

You could just adjust your ride height sensor. There is room for adjustment on the linkage between the upper axle link and the sensor. I *think* if you adjust the link upward on the slotted adjuster it will result In the headlights aiming lower, because the sensor will think the rear of the vehicle is squatting.

Adjustment is easy, just a 10 mm socket and a 10 mm end wrench to hold the little ball joint in the link from turning.

I saw that, I’ll have to check on how much room I have for adjustment. Same question applies, do I need to adjust both sensors or just the passenger side? I can’t find anything in the service manual I have access to.

I saw that, I’ll have to check on how much room I have for adjustment. Same question applies, do I need to adjust both sensors or just the passenger side? I can’t find anything in the service manual I have access to.
Not sure as my Premium only has one sensor, on the passenger side. I don't know if the rear air suspension on the Luxury uses data from both sides or not, I agree it would be good to know before you fiddle with it.

I went ahead and just did the passenger spacers since that seemed most simple, and the headlights dropped. Success!

I had longer bolts already and added some washers. Based on my test drive just now I’ll likely need one or two more washers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom