rear fender cutting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the best way to cut the rear fenders for better tire clearence?

???
Plasma, jigsaw, sawzall, cutting wheel all get the job done.

Or perhaps I don't understand your question?

Plasma ALL THE WAY.....ahhh the feeling of cutting metal like a hot knife through butter

When you do cut the fender, what's the best way to keep the new cut and the rivets holes(from the flare) from rusting?

Sorry, I wasn't all that specific when I typed in the question... Was really tired when I wrote.. What I meant was how far does everybody go up when they cut there fender? 1", 2"... And so on.. I am planning on putting some fender flares on would it be wise to wait for those?

Thanks in advance

8)Wait for the flares, then use them as a template. Remember that there is a big (thick) piece of steel at the front of the wheel well that you don't really want to cut through.
Lane

When you do cut the fender, what's the best way to keep the new cut and the rivets holes(from the flare) from rusting?
paint the cut, and dip the rivets in clear silicone before installing.

Sorry, I wasn't all that specific when I typed in the question...  Was really tired when I wrote..  What I meant was how far does everybody go up when they cut there fender? 1", 2"... And so on..  I am planning on putting some fender flares on would it be wise to wait for those?  

Thanks in advance

are you running flares...if so, do like it says above and use the flares for a template, if not, use a piece of cardboard...hold it over the opening and trace from behind. cut in half and use the two angled edges to get the angles on the bends right. i usually cut to about 1/2" under the fender top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom