Rear door weatherstripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jimmyv100

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,
I recently bought a ‘96 LC and have been going through it to get it ready for the next 25 years. This tech forum has been a treasure trove of information, but I cant seem to find specific info on the body side weatherstripping for the door openings. I hear road noise right behind me that I thought would go away when I replaced window run on driver side rear door (PO cut out one side), but it’s still there. The weatherstripping on the door appears to be in decent shape. My question is, does the body side of the door opening have weatherstripping? The front door openings have weatherstripping but rear openings don’t (see pictures). I’m wondering if they were worn so PO just removed instead of replacing, or if that’s the way it came out of the factory. Thanks for your input.

419D1AD4-8E78-4F5B-ADDB-4A319E0F1FC8.jpeg

D4AF29B5-056A-4843-8247-1344BAEBA1B1.jpeg

I’d have to go doublecheck - but IIRC the RR has the gasket on the door, not the body.

I say that as my dog jumps in/out the rear seat plenty & I swear the gasket is on the door where he can’t claw it doing the in/out moves.

Thanks Linus I appreciate it. The body side weatherstrip on the front doors only covers the upper portion of the door opening, basically the window frame part. The lower section of the opening, where doggo would tear it up, is just the plastic molding. It seems like they would have done the rear openings the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom