Door weatherstrip replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there fellas,

Talking about weatherstrip, I’m working on a 97 LC that has the DS front door weatherstrip ripped close to the door hinge area and need to ask a question about it.

Is it possible to remove the old weatherstrip without breaking the clips that are connecting the rubber to the door? One of the technicians from the Toyota dealership in town said that it is possible to replace the weatherstrip without removing the door panel, which I’m trying to avoid messing with since Toyoda San decided to discontinue the panel parts.

Also, there is nothing on the service manual regarding how to replace the weatherstrip. After using the search feature here I couldn’t find much info on this either.

Does anyone know or have any material or video on how to replace the door weatherstrip?

Any helpful thoughts on the subject is appreciated.

If your talking about the rubber door surround weatherstrip then the new one comes with the securing clips, old ones are tossed.

All that’s needed is to disconnect the door limiter.

After the old seal is removed give the area a thorough cleaning with mineral spirits as there are a few places on the seal that use a peel and apply adhesive area.

It’s a 1/2🍌 job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom