Rear Coil Spring upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Somewhat of a weird question. I basically have new shocks and struts and rear air bag helpers on my 2008 LC, this was done last year. We recently bought a travel trailer. It pulls great and does not sag with the help of the air bag helpers and Weight distribution hitch. I am just thinking down the road, to assist with wear and tear, can I replace just the rear coils to a slightly heavier coil instead of changing out the entire suspension? My wife doesn't want it any higher than it is right now so I am just trying to figure out some options.

I’m running the dobinsons progressive heavy rate spring on my 200 for towing a horse trailer. They work great. I“ll have to dig around for the part number since they are not that common. These were designed by the head of dobinsons specifically to tow his travel trailer in oz, so I’m told.

I’m running the dobinsons progressive heavy rate spring on my 200 for towing a horse trailer. They work great. I“ll have to dig around for the part number since they are not that common. These were designed by the head of dobinsons specifically to tow his travel trailer in oz, so I’m told.
Are you using these with stock suspension? Are they the 59-559 v

I did upgrade the shocks and struts all around when I did the springs to get a small lift. Yes, those are the ones!

expect a little more forward rake if you don’t lift the front a bit, but mine has settled nicely and rides level with the trailer on. The rake I have currently is less noticeable than what I see on the 2020HE units, which have a ton of stink bug look, IMO.

I have thought at times to add airbags just to help a bit, but every time I really work through it, these springs have been enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom