Rear bumpers with through-bumper receiver mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

audioviking

SILVER Star
Threads
I've been looking at rear bumpers casually recently. Current is a dealer-added Curt or possibly other brand, below bumper receiver mount. I tow an M1101 that is stock height. With an Ironman 2.5" lift and a 10" riser, the trailer FINALLY doesn't have a nose-down stance.

Today's problem is someone backed into my pintle, shoving it ~1" to driver side and bending the crossmember just enough to make contact with stock spare. The riser and pintle are fine, as is the 2" tube.

For $250 I can get a Curt receiver hitch and go about my business OR seriously look for a read bumper with a through-bumper receiver tube, not an under-mounted one.

I've looked at:
ARB - undermount
Slee - $4k and back ordered
Dissent - maybe

What other brands am I missing for a 2004 LC ?

Thanks

seems that would take a big hit to bend the receiver with the leverage of the pintle. how far past the bumper does the pintle stick out?
no other damage?
wonder what the other rig looked like.

I've been trying to figure out the best solution to fit a 34 plus inch tire under the truck without a rear carrier. I have a Curt hitch which prevents this.

I have been looking at a number of options for months and would take a hard look at Dissent options. I think the biggest advantage with that setup (with exception to the amazing build quality) is you can pretty much make a bumper a-la-cart.

You can also just buy a rear cross member from them with the integrated hitch. I don't weld, but even looking at the videos it seems fairly straight-forward.

seems that would take a big hit to bend the receiver with the leverage of the pintle. how far past the bumper does the pintle stick out?
no other damage?

no other damage?
https://www.etrailer.com/Pintle-Hitch/CURT/C48342.html There is a bit of a moment arm with the 12" or so distance from receiver tube to pintle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom