rear a/c air temperature? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
went to have a look at a couple of 100 trucks with rear air.
As part of my eval routine I checked the temperature of the a/c air.
In the front in both cases it came out at about 45F which seems fine and consistent with our other cars.
The rear a/c air, however, was coming out at about 53/55F in both cases. Is this too high or is that just the design?
Temp of outside was maybe 65/70 or so.
waddya think?
thanks
Eric

Is there only one A/C for front and back? Must be powerful :doh:

In my 80 with rear AC I feel that the rear air is colder than front but I can be mistaken, never measured it. What I don't like is that I have no control over it from the front except to put it off.
Some people in the back aren't able to find the controls or use them properly, so I have to stop the car and help them. It would be nice if I can find a way to control them better.

Mike

whoah! Finally! You mean to say that a US option is actually desirable and not found in trucks on your side of the world! Hooray! <G>
We do actually have separate control for front and rear, and even controls located in the back of the cabin... How about that, eh!
:)
Eric

Eric,

yes, why not. There are some US-Options I can't get here. I have the back control too, but no control from the front to regulate the airflow for example.

US 80 have some buttons we don't have too. You can regulate the lights up and down, or? I can't :'(

Mike

anybody with a thermometer and a rear air (or a FSM)? Some numbers would be much appreciated.
thanks
Eric

May not be much help, since it's 50 degrees in Dallas today:

The Tel-Tru stuck in a dash vent on Max A/C reads 39 degrees; in the second seat vent over the door reads 40 and in the third road seat in the center of the roof reads 41 degrees. The truck was warm, covered.

HTH

LT

8)

thanks LT, good to know, although the 50F outside may have skewed things a tad...

this always as cold where you are?

Eric in the PRK

>> waddya think? <<

Eric in the PRK,

I think that if you don't buy something... ANYTHING... pretty damn soon, then I'm gonna
Scream

-B-
(no smilie)

Eric - I was going to comment, measuring the AC output temp? That's going to far isn't it?

Look at the 80 on Ebay, 40th edition, lockers, no roof rack. real nice. If you don't buy it, I will. Only 13K5

geez, you guys must have never been married, or if so you married a gearhead...

I'm helping my wife find a newer 100 series (don't ask). We are talking mucho buckos so things will be badly stretched. Can't afford to buy a car (my wife won't buy one if I keep calling it a truck) and find out later the A/C is busted.

If it were for me, things would be a bit different, but that's another story. (Actually, now that I'm starting to know a bit about these, I'm looking at nice 80s when I get a chance too.... eh eh)

E

Eric,
It appears to me that you're looking for perfection or near perfection. You are not going to find it in a used automobile and probably not in a new vehicle. You found a 100 Series that only had 30k miles and you passed up that one for some reason.

Give up the obsessive behaviour... find a nice truck in a color that your wife likes, with the options that are important, and a price that you can live with. Plan to spend another $700 on initial fluids and mainentance, and move on with your life. Determining the optimum air temperature for a rear A/C equipped used vehicle is over the top.

Sorry to be so harsh but you've started a couple of dozen threads like this one in your quest for the perfect used "car." It's getting a little old or maybe I'm just being cranky. I feel better now.

Happy Thanksgiving. :D

-B-

B-

You may feel better but you sure don't look better :rolleyes:

Eric - Sorry bud but I just had to laugh. I'm real anal but never,never thought to take a temp reading on the AC. Waving my hand in front is as far as I went.

FYI - I am married as well but my wife is (to some degree) a cruiser fan. As long as it looks Ok, drives nice, reliable and I'm happy, then she's happy.

I would also add that once a you get a car (truck) plan to spend 6 months getting it good to go. There will always be a few things that need tweaking. I started in August 2003 and hope to be ready for off-roading/camping/vacations by the early spring. Making sure you have some $$ left over is a good idea. I built that into the price so my wife can't complain when I spend $$ on mods, tools and maintance. The good thing is that she will forget when I've gone over the amount I set aside.

just my Canadian 2 cents. Worth about 1.5 cents. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom