Real time help: how many turns in degrees lock to lock with OE spec 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slomo

It's Complicated
Threads
I need a quick measurement from someone with a totally stock 80. I need to know how many turns from centered to right lock and how may turns from centered to left lock the steering wheel turns in degrees or like a clock, whichever you are more comfortable with, that a factory 80 is. I need a stock 80 with stock tires that has not had the steering stops on the axle adjusted to keep larger tires from rubbing. This is not possible on mine anymore as the factory stops are no longer there. I can estimate but Mr T spent a lot of money to determine the safe operating angle of the birfields at full lock and I would just as soon not exceed that even if the tires still have room to clear. :D

Of the thousand or so measurements I took before I started hacking stuff off that is one I forgot. :rolleyes: :doh:

Cheers

Last edited:
Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Seriously, I am in the middle of fabbing my panhard brackets and twidling my thumbs while the :princess: keeps asking when I will be done to help with the kids.

Ok I will take anyone with a reasonable memory. Mine horrible memory says about 1hr 10 min or 360 +20*. Post brain injury, so I don't trust mine entirely and I don't want to start cutting and burning on only to have to cut it all off. Does my memory sound close to anyone? I can't even go off of the paint wear on the axle housing as it isn't there anymore either.

Just got back inside from hitting the local Powerball place. To the right I get 2 full turns of the wheel, to the left I get what I would consider to be 1 complete turn and the next revolution takes me to 2:00. So not 2 complete revolutions on the left hand turn. Not scientific, but all I can give you. Completely stock suspension/tires.

Thank you sir, very much appreciated. :cheers:
Good luck on the Powerball, Perhaps your good karma of helping a fellow mudder will payoff big. If you do win big I will expect a 1% karma fee. :flipoff2:

And that is why I don't trust my memory. :eek:

Glad to help. If I hit the powerball, I'm going to buy up all the 80's I can find ! Maybe a few 40's too. Hope my crude measurements were of some assistance.

mossman40 said:
Glad to help. If I hit the powerball, I'm going to buy up all the 80's I can find ! Maybe a few 40's too. Hope my crude measurements were of some assistance.

Would you like another measurement? I have a completely stock 1993 LC. Let me know.

I replied, but I think to the wrong post (newbie). I have a stock '93 80s so let me know if you need another measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom