Real Time Help: FJ62 Door Regulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tore into the rear passenger door of my 62 today to see why it never worked. Well, the PO disconnected it, that's why. :doh: Upon reconnecting it, the motor worked fine, but then the metal arm that holds the window up dropped to the bottom of the door. Window fell an inch and hit the roller and was fine, thank god.

My question: what's going on here? On the rear door of FJ62, is the metal track (the second pic below) that holds the window up only held in place by the plastic roller and the weight of the window? Or is there a bolt missing somewhere to help hold it in place? Is it just too rusty/crusty and not moving smoothly? The motor goes up and down smoothly but everytime I try to stick the metal track back on the roller, it falls down (well, when I lower the window, at least).

Anyone encounter this before? This for the rear door regulator, which is a bit different from the front ... so I don't think I'm missing a piece.
reardoor1.jpg
rear-door-arm.jpg

Update... at the bottom of the door I found two rubber gaskets that fit onto the glass and--in theory--keep it on that metal track (I pried open the other door to see what was missing). Only problem: after carefully squeezing the window into the gasket and onto that track, the darn track still falls off the roller. I tried this about 6x with different positions and nothing helped. I can't see how a new regulator would be any different, either. Any tips on how to make this work? Is it just a matter of clamping that metal to the glass uber-tight? Aggggg.

Just dealt with something similar. Don't have time to go take pics, but this is what I recall:
The bracket in your 2nd photo was press fit onto the bottom of the window glass and had a rubber liner to insulate the glass. I was able to bang it back and forth to set the roller into it, but it didn't feel like it was going to come off the glass.
Hope that helps. I may be able to take some photos on Monday, if you need more.

Thanks. I figure that's what needs to happen... just didn't know if there was more to it than that (a good fit of the glass to the track).

Maybe my glass just isn't fitting tight enough into the housing, cause it keeps coming undone.

Are you missing any teeth?

Hey Zcruiser, what does his dental hygene have to do with the window regulator?

Dynosoar

Huh? No missing teeth. Not even a filling. Now back to that window... anyone know what could be wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom