Re-Establishing this club? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That makes a lot of sense

Biggest waste of beurocratic time I ever of.

Kentucky people

They just had a vote to raise the age for marriage from 13 to 18. It got voted down.

Really.

This must be hard for you.

Do you FIP's claim Indiana's Lake County since it is in your time zone?
You should.

I agree, we are certainly responsible for it.

I was at the east of that time zone BS and thanks for the 4:45 sunset.

Are all you guys down south?
Nah, there's a few folks in Northern Indiana. Also, if you're on facebook there's a solid MI group there: "Great Lakes Land Cruisers"

Heyo. All I'm hearing is a bunch of crickets. I know it's a challenge to see a great group go stale. I've been there a few times, myself.

Seeing as you've got members from a few states here, it might be worth rebranding the club? It sounds like the ones on Facebook are doing OK. Rebranding and/or moving should drum up some interest, in and of itself. With that said, I'd be willing to take over the domains, if you're not interested in continuing with them. They expire in September, I see, so you've got at least a little bit of time to think about that, before renewing. There are other more active Indiana groups that might be better served to have it (including one founded in 1974). Just let me know if you're willing to part with them. Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Heyo. All I'm hearing is a bunch of crickets. I know it's a challenge to see a great group go stale. I've been there a few times, myself.

Seeing as you've got members from a few states here, it might be worth rebranding the club? It sounds like the ones on Facebook are doing OK. Rebranding and/or moving should drum up some interest, in and of itself. With that said, I'd be willing to take over the domains, if you're not interested in continuing with them. They expire in September, I see, so you've got at least a little bit of time to think about that, before renewing. There are other more active Indiana groups that might be better served to have it (including one founded in 1974). Just let me know if you're willing to part with them. Much appreciated!

Really dont know what youre talking about. First and foremost have you read through the debacle thats taken place on the posts above? Second, what club are you talking about that was formed in 1974 and dont they have thier own name? We have permission to use it this name through Ih8mud who owns the domains on this page. Many of us are on facebook as Indiana Land Cruisers and we have folks from Illinois, Michigan and Kentucky stopping by. Please let us know what other more active groups there are out there.

Really dont know what youre talking about. First and foremost have you read through the debacle thats taken place on the posts above? Second, what club are you talking about that was formed in 1974 and dont they have thier own name? We have permission to use it this name through Ih8mud who owns the domains on this page. Many of us are on facebook as Indiana Land Cruisers and we have folks from Illinois, Michigan and Kentucky stopping by. Please let us know what other more active groups there are out there.

First let me apologize for not being more clear. Rereading it today, I got confused myself. hah.

1. Yeah, I'd read this whole thread.
2. I'm not talking about Land Cruiser groups...again, sorry for not being more clear. The Hoosier Cruisers I'm talking about is an RV group that has been around since '74 (there's a classic cars group that goes by that name, too).
3. Yes, I completely understand that the hoosiercruisers.com (and .org, and more?) domains are owned by the same person/company behind ih8mud.com, and rightly so.

My intent was that if there was no more use for the hoosiercruisers domains, that I could work with the owner to take possession of them, when they expire in September. If the owner wants to continue to use them as shortcuts to this ih8mud.com sub-forum, then that's fine.

Thanks for letting me clarify. Have a good one!

I'll keep the domains, thank you.

Back in the 80's/90's, There was a Land Cruiser club called the Hoosier Cruisers. I used to trail ride with them down in Tellico, as I recall one of the members was the treasurer for the TLCA for a bit. I don't recall his name but I do remember him rolling his 40 on top of School Bus in Tellico.

Back in the 80's/90's, There was a Land Cruiser club called the Hoosier Cruisers. I used to trail ride with them down in Tellico, as I recall one of the members was the treasurer for the TLCA for a bit. I don't recall his name but I do remember him rolling his 40 on top of School Bus in Tellico.

If he screamed like a little girl it was probably Clint. I only went one year, the last year, with Clint but he went several times in his beige 40.
That Club use to be very active.

I think the last time i went to GSMTR was around 2000. It was a green 40 that went over. The left frt tire dropped into a deep rut and it was going to endo, but the left frt tire was hooked on a rock in the rut and stopped it. The rear tires were way up in the air and it settled on the left frt fender and tire. The other 40's I recall from the Hoosiers was an orange 40 and Spaceghosts early, clean, pale blue 40, b4 he cut the back 1/2 off of it and got into rock crawling competitions. I think there were others but I don't recall who they were.

What would it take to get this group going again?
Or which steps need to be taken to use the name in establishing an Indiana-based Cruiser group?

There’s a decent few people on Facebook that would like to see an Indiana club, maybe going on to make it an official TLCA club. We would love to be able to use the Hoosier Cruisers name, because it makes the most sense. Plus it’d be a shame to see the name go by the wayside.

So if someone can direct me on who to speak with about using the Hoosier Cruiser name, it’d be much appreciated!
I live in the Indy area and would like to see at a minimum, a “cars and coffee” type meet up. I know some people at Butler Toyota and could probably get us an area on a Saturday this spring. The last time I met up with anyone from mud was probably 2011. I’ve only got an LX570 right now so probably not down for any wheel’n. Now when I lived in Golden, CO we met up once a month. PM me and we can continue the conversation.

D8A81338-2BBA-41BE-8725-D3ED7DD85085.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom