RE C-Dan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Read with interest the other day about someone who knew someone who didn't get a reply from C-Dan about a manual or some such stuff. After hearing all the glowing endorsements, I had a hard time believing it. Unfortunately, I had a similar experience. First, I PM'd him at 11:30PM one particular evening about some tune-up parts. Took him over SIX HOURS to reply! That's right, he didn't respond until 5:30AM the next morning! Hell, if I knew he was going to dilly-dally, I coulda gotten some sleep that night! Probably too busy boxing up all the cash he makes selling us parts to ship off to some offshore account in the Caymans. The next thing I know he's making some excuse about being bitten by a dog. Haven't heard anything like that since the dog ate my homework in grade school! Anyway, the guy seems kinda shady to me ;)

OK, I'm just playin'...in all seriousness, though, we should all be damn thankful that this gentleman is a part of the forum. Forget about that nice parts discount. Just having a cruiserhead with some solid knowledge AND the occasional inside scoop from Toyota that's willing to share is worth the price of admission. Thanks again for your help, Dan! :cheers:

Dan

[quote author=drenwick link=board=2;threadid=10181;start=msg90945#msg90945 date=1074300664]
Read with interest the other day about someone who knew someone who didn't get a reply from C-Dan about a manual or some such stuff. After hearing all the glowing endorsements, I had a hard time believing it. Unfortunately, I had a similar experience. First, I PM'd him at 11:30PM one particular evening about some tune-up parts. Took him over SIX HOURS to reply! That's right, he didn't respond until 5:30AM the next morning! Hell, if I knew he was going to dilly-dally, I coulda gotten some sleep that night! Probably too busy boxing up all the cash he makes selling us parts to ship off to some offshore account in the Caymans. The next thing I know he's making some excuse about being bitten by a dog. Haven't heard anything like that since the dog ate my homework in grade school! Anyway, the guy seems kinda shady to me ;)

OK, I'm just playin'...in all seriousness, though, we should all be damn thankful that this gentleman is a part of the forum. Forget about that nice parts discount. Just having a cruiserhead with some solid knowledge AND the occasional inside scoop from Toyota that's willing to share is worth the price of admission. Thanks again for your help, Dan! :cheers:

Dan
[/quote]

Dude, you were about to get FLAMED!!!!
I was already to email you my boot when I kept reading and started to catch the sarcasm....ooohh you were close! :flipoff2:

yeah well, I also think there is something fishy errrr.... doggy going on there!
First, we hear all this about starving dogs that need to be fed. Then we hear about some mysterious biting event under hard-to-believe bizarre circumstances....
Methinks the doggies don't get fed at all (as evidenced by them taking potshots at the hands that are supposed to feed them) and there is instead some redirecting of dog food funds to purchases of bling bling aftermarket goodies for some secret brand of automotive machinery never discussed on these premises (Heep maybe???? the Horror!) ...
hmmm....
bizarre, bizarre if you ask me...
:D :D
E

Since I just ordered a FSM manual from Mr. C&#039:Dan last week, I wanted to clarify it wasn't me. He told me what the time frame was and we aren't there yet.

...just a newbie trying to stay in the good graces :D.

Rookie2

Geeze,

Real dog, real blood, real drainage tubes, real good painkillers :D.

NO STINKIN' HEEP...... :flipoff2:

Could use a subtank tho....hmmm..half rations for 6 months oughta net about......

Dan, this may put some new meaning into the old expression "I'd give my right arm for an auxiliary tank" eh?
:D
Eric

OH WAIT!
NO, I KNOW WHAT IT WAS!
errr, pardon the excitement...
I figured it out! It was a bad case of newbie Garand Thumb but he won't admit it!
BWAHAHAHA! Only lost half of mine myself. I was careful... :slap:
(and no, yall, if you don't know, don't ask, this is a He-man topic :mad:)
:D
Eric

"M1 thumb" is a very painful event :rolleyes:

As I am a lefty, I load "over the top" of the receiver. The bolt is less likely to do it's "thing" in that configuraton. I used to remember the bolt veloicity in MPH but I forgot.

Cdan is just lucky T wasn't there to take him to the hospital
Tyler.gif
, yeah a big
f1.gif
to ya both. :D

Hey Cdan, ya want me to hook you up with some of those fine docs that took care of me? ::)

Just remember, no cryin in the forum. :flipoff2:

toldcha Junk, it was bound to happen that your thumb would get stuck there... :D
E

Ya lost me on that one. What's the saying? If the joke needs to be explained, it can't be too funny?
bitchslap.gif
:flipoff2:

you're right Junk. Sorry. Am too tired, long day. Thread highjacked too much.
Dan is a good guy.
Over and Out.
E

[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=10181;start=msg91063#msg91063 date=1074313768]
you're right Junk. Sorry. Am too tired, long day. Thread highjacked too much.
Dan is a good guy.
Over and Out.
E

[/quote]

He orders parts from Asia too. Great Guy with a vision.

Mike

Hey, Danno.

According to this month's Maxim, New Mexico is the dumbest state in the Union for the second year running.

Waddya think about that? you probably added 50 points to the aggregate IQ when you moved there.

Kinda like junk's wife doubled the total teeth in the whole damn clan when she married in.

[quote author=drenwick link=board=2;threadid=10181;start=msg90945#msg90945
OK, I'm just playin'...in all seriousness, though, we should all be damn thankful that this gentleman is a part of the forum. Forget about that nice parts discount. Just having a cruiserhead with some solid knowledge AND the occasional inside scoop from Toyota that's willing to share is worth the price of admission.
And I'm lucky enough to share the dumb state of New Mexico with him (only a mile or two away).
For the price of a few Keystone tall boys he'll dirty his hands and save my dumb ass from myself. Like tomorrow eh, Dan? By the way, what is the torque value of those hub flange bolts, is it 60 or 80 ft lbs???

Also, perhaps you can help me upload a picture for my ih8mud profile. For some reason the Bud can jpg image did not work. Tis an important complement to my sig line!

juane

An exampe of what a great guy C-Dan is.

He was too late to save me from myself in this instance, but here he is, getting his hands dirty in the aftermath of my carnage.

juane

Uh, gee, I guess Gumby's comment about the IQ in NM must be true. :flipoff2: Was there supposed to be a pic? :D :slap:

Just kidding, but no we are not going to pay you any more for putting up with Cdan. He's your problem to deal with.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=10181;start=msg91558#msg91558 date=1074405616]
Uh, gee, I guess Gumby's comment about the IQ in NM must be true. :flipoff2: Was there supposed to be a pic? :D :slap:

Just kidding, but no we are not going to pay you any more for putting up with Cdan. He's your problem to deal with.
[/quote]

Um, Junk.......
I read your post before you edited it. :rolleyes: The answer is: Two, usually one of each :flipoff2:

Didn't want anyone to think I was being too nasty. :flipoff2:

LOL, in your case it would likely be more. :flipoff2: :D :D oh, + 1 to keep an eye on the pooch. :flipoff2:

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=10181;start=msg91558#msg91558 date=1074405616]
Was there supposed to be a pic? :D :slap:[/quote]

There was supposed to be a pic. Other than browing to a jpg of less than 90k in the attach field, what else needs to be done to post a picture fer crying out loud?

juane "I hate computers" tobascofish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom