RDU body shop recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a good shop around RDU they can recommend? Nothing major, just replacing vs repairing cracked front bumper cover and fog light bezzel on my WRX where someone clipped me as I sat at an intersection. I've used Caliber in Durham in the past and was underwhelmed. Thanks!

Anyone have a good shop around RDU they can recommend? Nothing major, just replacing vs repairing cracked front bumper cover and fog light bezzel on my WRX where someone clipped me as I sat at an intersection. I've used Caliber in Durham in the past and was underwhelmed. Thanks!
Unfortunately I have had to deal with body shops more than most, especially in recently. Caliber is hit or miss depending on which one you go to....can confirm. I used a Carden's collision ("William Carden body and paint" on the google) recently north of Durham. He was great to deal with, but ultimately had to total out the van (long story). I can say he comes very highly recommended and regarded among those who have actually received their car back from him (read: NOT totaled). Good news: he's a small shop. Bad news: he's a small shop.

Give him a call and see if he can take your job. When I was last dealing with this, it took several days to get a body shop I trust to take the van to even get an estimate, let alone potentially start work. I hope it's improved since then.

J&R Body and Frame on muldee street in durham treated me very well when I had my ferd worked on 6 years ago. I wouldn't hesitate to bring another car there.

55 auto in Holly Springs straightened out my front bumper and repainted it. They did a great job. Not cheap, but well worth the work they did. They are going to remove the fender flares and put on new gaskets, fix the splash guard tabs that I have broken, and repaint the fender flares due to some minor damage next.

Jerry's Collision (in Stem) fixed my 80 after I rolled it in a snowstorm. They did a good job and got it done in a timely manner for a fair price. I thought I posted this already but it seems to have disappeared. Maybe I didn't post it after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom