Rate my 100K mile service plan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Esteemed Gentlemen,

I'm about to roll over to 100k on my 02 (993xx) right now. I'm going to send it in to a mechanic I trust to give it some attention (I don't have the space or equipment to do this myself even though I know I could, so please spare me the d*ck wagging)

I changed the heater Ts and hoses when I got it at 88k because they were visibly bad, so with that big item out of the way my plan is:

1. Brakes, front and back (they need it for sure)
2. Inspect rotors
3. Replace engine coolant
4. Replace power steering fluid
5. Heat shield rattle- *Fixed with large worm style hose clamps*
6. Inspect PCV valve + hoses- *replace if needed*
7. Replace transfer case oil
8. Inspect brake fluid- *replace if needed*
9. Lubricate drive shaft + re torque bolts
10. Replace transmission fluid
11. Fuel induction service

The only item I'm unsure of is #10. I hear what I assume is a little transmission slip once in a while, usually when I'm heavy. But if I recall this can get tricky. Am I correct in asking my guy to do and simple drain and fluid change rather than a flush? I vaguely remember the flush potentially causing more problems than it solves. Please advise.

The last dealer service was at 66K, and the guy I bought it off of works at a Lexus dealer, so I trust that its been cared for as best as one can.

Other than that, if you big-brains could look over my list and let me know what you think or if I'm missing anything big I would appreciate it greatly.

I don't need any estimates on cost, I live in a high cost area and I expect that whatever the total ends up being will cause the financial and mechanical geniuses on this board to go into a fit. I'm happy to pay a little too much as long as its good for my baby in the long run.

Thanks again.

Happy Sunday

TB/WP?

Well, take your 18 yo truck with 100k miles, assume consistent yearly mileage, and that means the TB/WP is roughly 10 years old. You'll get opinions on both sides of the coin in this situation.

While doing front brakes might as well do bearings while things are taken apart. Check your front diff bushings too, one of them fails more frequently than the others.

Well, take your 18 yo truck with 100k miles, assume consistent yearly mileage, and that means the TB/WP is roughly 10 years old. You'll get opinions on both sides of the coin in this situation.

While doing front brakes might as well do bearings while things are taken apart. Check your front diff bushings too, one of them fails more frequently than the others.
Thank you. Redo the bearings as in replace or just repack?
I'll add "inspect front bushings-replace if needed as well

Inspect/replace serpentine belt. Check tensioner and all pulleys along path.

Check steering rack bushings, inner/outer TRE's and ball joints.

Spark Plugs
Fuel Filter
Flush brake fluid anyways
Check sway bar bushing

Kind of a s*** entrance

I changed the heater Ts and hoses when I got it at 88k because they were visibly bad, so with that big item out of the way

Lol, big item? Takes 30 mins and $10 worth of parts.

With regards to your list, really depends on what was done by the PO. Sharing that list would give some insight to whats been done. Why not change the front and rear gear oil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom