craigslist Rare 1965 Toyo Stout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The first Toyota pick-up, sold in the U.S. was a Land Cruiser pickup, which Toyota only offered for sale in 1963. Toyota's second pickup truck was the "Stout", a small half-ton truck introduced in 1964. This is your rare opportunity to purchase a piece of Toyota History, before it is release to the public auction websites: Please, see attached photos. Please, contact me for any further information, additional pictures, or to set an appointment to view the pick-up.

"Extremely Rare, In Perfect Mechanical Condition, & All Original"

1965 Toyota "Stout"

$6,900 or Any reasonable offer will be entertained and possibly accepted.

Respectfully,
Eddie Flores
305-281-6440
_DSC0275.jpg

_DSC0278.jpg

_DSC0303.jpg

_DSC0325.jpg

_DSC0327.jpg

_DSC0320.jpg

I WENT BY THE TOYOTA STORE THIS MORNING AND TOOK A COOL PIC.

_DSC0001.jpg

Last edited:
I love it when noobs lecture us on Toyota history, especially when they're wrong.

Beautiful Stout though.

Two problems with this posting which miayota might want to address. First is the location (Miami FL) and the license plate (CA). Second, its listed as all original, but those rims don't look too original to me. Anyone have thoughts on the rims? Just my $.02.

Paint is obviously not original. Did Stouts have dual tanks? This isn't the first one I've seen with what look to be fuel doors on both sides.

Cool anyway. I've always wanted to drop a Supercharged 3V or 4V hemi from a Toyota Century into a Stout to make a pretty cool sleeper.

Yes they had dual tanks and a hand pump fuel prime system. Also factory dual batteries. Very cool and very "stout" trucks.

I'd like to know more about the paint job and see the engine bay and undersides.

Also has the interior floor been bedlined? Not necessarily a bad thing, just curious.

The lack of a driver's side mirror puzzles me. Doesn't appear to be a mount for it - so I would assume there never was one. Am I right?

I guess you're right is not 100% original, but you know what I meant... It has no extreme body mods, or anything else. It's mostly original. I have the driver mirror but I'm missing a screw so I haven't installed it. Regardless, Is still a piece of Toyota History that you can't find in every corner in excellent condition... BTW, the California license plate and wrong year frames came with the truck when I brought it from Cali to Florida, and I just never took it off.

_DSC0328.jpg

_DSC0337.jpg

The problem with this site is that everybody claims to know everything. This guy has a pretty cool old truck for sale. Let him be. All the arrogant a-holes can kick rocks in my opinion. You know the type, the ones who show up at Cruise Moab with super built new rigs but can't or are scared to use them. And then go home and bash the guy trying sell something cool.:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

You know, those who think they know everything, are really annoying to those of that actually do.:D

wow, cool litle rig...does it share anything with a 60s 40 series? just curious.. that thing would be saweeet jacked up with a 3B diesel and tall skinnies on oldschool factory wheels/hubcaps....
g'luck with the sale nonetheless

It's got Rhino Liner on the bed and on the cab. 0.0 Rust & Surface Rust.. I also used a very thin water down version of Rhino Linger on the metal dash.... It's super sweet.

The problem with this site is that everybody claims to know everything. This guy has a pretty cool old truck for sale. Let him be. All the arrogant a-holes can kick rocks in my opinion. You know the type, the ones who show up at Cruise Moab with super built new rigs but can't or are scared to use them. And then go home and bash the guy trying sell something cool.:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

I could not agree more.....it is easy to tell which adults were once the school yard bullies. If you don't like the guys truck go read another thread.
.......1978HJ45

:lol:

Get the sand out, sheilas.

Every comment and question in this thread is civil and appropriate for a sale thread. It's a beautiful truck but prospective buyers deserve good information. The exchange benefits everyone.

sent from the ether

One point that is often overlooked....Under the gentlemans Forum handle is clearly says "rookie" not Toyota historian.
If a potential buyer wants additional information or to clarify something in the thread there are two tools available to him or her. #1 ...P.M. , #2...telephone
Sand removed.......1978HJ45

Anyone who is going to buy a $9k Stout will already know everything about Stout's. People are pointing out the obvious. Just shut it and enjoy the pretty pictures.

Very cool truck and excellent shape. Good luck with the sale.

As a rookie myself, and recent owner of my first FJ62, I just want to say: Great looking truck and I learned something new today. Long live the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom