Ramblings on the lifted Prius and updated Tundra work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Big plans: Lifting our new-used Prius up to 2.5" and working on the Tundra to get it "trail ready."

More to follow, but . .did you know BFG makes a 215/65R16 KO2? At 27" - it will fit on a lifted Prius? (hopefully).

Pic of Tundra going through the interior process of deadening and insulting for sound.

Tundra Sound Deadening.jpg

More to follow :)

Reba, come back to me!!!!!! I know you will do a bang up job on the sound deadening. Those vents made me scratch my head on how to seal up the outside sound. I will go wheeling with you in the Prius anytime. Remind me to bring my helmet. Better yet, remind me to purchase said helmet.

LOL - I just want some ground clearance on the Prius for normal driving and getting in/out - its a nightmare. Edit - the "lift" is a 1.5" spacer lift and the tires are 2" bigger (1" lift). Also have some heavier springs.

On the Tundra - @Comet - I think I will be able to simply plug/play the dual battery system from the 4Runner using your awesome battery tray :) My X2 Power fits in there nicely.

May look at larger tires once these are shot :) ARB will fit behind me and the dog behind Heather.

Will spend some money on it just in time to sell it back to ya!

Last edited:
@lt1fire -

+

Prius Springs.jpg

+

Sparco BFG.jpg

@lt1fire -

+

View attachment 3062190

+

View attachment 3062189
Yah, supposedly it doesn't even change the mpg - was going to do this to get the extra 1.5" just so I would stop hitting things. But sold the Prius last month with 182k for more than I would pay :)

Cool - @pawwright - and nice work on the sale. I think the tires will be a big impact - but going from 55 to ~52/53/54 MPG is just something I will have to live with . .

On the way back from KS in the car, there was a flattened/gross deer in the road. I haven't really driven a vehicle that low to the ground in a while - so to avoid a swerve, I just went over the top of it. We got a lil horn thunk and I was like "gotta be a way to get this thing off the ground a lil bit."

Cool - @pawwright - and nice work on the sale. I think the tires will be a big impact - but going from 55 to ~52/53/54 MPG is just something I will have to live with . .

On the way back from KS in the car, there was a flattened/gross deer in the road. I haven't really driven a vehicle that low to the ground in a while - so to avoid a swerve, I just went over the top of it. We got a lil horn thunk and I was like "gotta be a way to get this thing off the ground a lil bit."

Yeah, you get used to it, but even light gravel/ well defined fire roads can get you :) yeah I'd think a drop to 52mpg is acceptable. ahahahah, too funny.

Heather and I got the rear spacer lift in tonight - gonna do the front this weekend:

Before:

Prius Regular.jpg

After:

Prius Rear Lift.jpg

Its almost as "lifted" as a RAV4 now LOL.

@NCFJ posted this on Fecesbook . Some inspiration for you, @weejub weejub

FB_IMG_1660425261176.jpg

Hey, I took that photo just for Jamie.

I gave you props and credit for it, Stan. now put an ls in the front and leave the electrics in it too. ;)

I really like electric vehicles, will perhaps own one one day. I am just not interested in doing anything with them at this point. My understanding of the electronics side of it is just too limited. Electric I understand, throw in a circuit board and you are above my pay grade. When I can buy primarily plug and play components I'll be interested. When all the supporting systems like power steering and AC etc have common solutions available that an old fart like me can figure out, I'm in.

I do not think that EVs are the solution to all our issues like some are touting these days. Not yet. If you have not read the thread in the 80 section on the 80 series EV look it up, it is pretty cool. As for EV classic cars, can't wait! I do not know about you guys but nothing out there new trips my trigger. But something like a 65 Buick Riv with an updated chassis and suspension with an EV drive system would put a huge smile on my face. :)

Im one of those blasphemers that wanted to put a 32 ford hiboy roadster body over a 2wd toyota pickup, with a 22re under the hood. big n littles for tires, painted wheels with rings and caps. had i had the funds in 2003, i could have had a steal of a deal on a Brookwood all steel 32 body.

Id do the same with an electric platform. id want something to cruise around town with, not ridiculous hp, speed, etc.

A 1st gen nova/chevy II convertible with an electric drive system would be cool.

one day

66-67 would be my choice.

A lot of different EV swap platforms are out there in development including GM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom