Radio Security (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D

Docmallory

I'm seeing bits and pieces about the OEM radio having some sort of security feature that disables the radio if you unhook the battery (at least that's my understanding). Then I hear you need to get a code form the dealer ($$$) to get it working again.

Seems like this would have been covered already, but I did a search and came up short. Besides the obvious answer of ditching the factory radio, how do all you DIY'ers out there deal with this "feature" when you need to disconnect the battery?

Its only a problem when a security code has been set. On my 94 you will "SEC" on the display for a split second when turning the key on if you have a code set. IMHO it is a waste of time and can cause more grief than theft protection.

Doc - In other words, it's unlikely your security code has been enabled. Read the owners manual and it explains this. Check the SEC light to determine if yours has been set, I'll bet not.

I was going to ask what your avator pic is but then read your sig line, congrats.

Riley

[quote author=Riley link=board=2;threadid=12453;start=msg114212#msg114212 date=1078291194]
Read the owners manual and it explains this.

I was going to ask what your avator pic is but then read your sig line, congrats.
[/quote]

Thanks for the congratulations. He's due in 17 days!

Also, here's a :slap: for me for not RTFM!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom