radiator replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi, I'm planning to replace my radiator, wondering if anyone has tried the ebay radiators. thanks.

I haven't but be sure to price compare with CDAN. His prices are the best and if you're going thru the trouble of doing the work, mind as well use OEM.

hi, I'm planning to replace my radiator, wondering if anyone has tried the ebay radiators. thanks.

Who makes them??
Lots of threads on aftermarket rads vs OEM

Koyo or OEM

IMHO

I've had good luck with my Koyorad. I purchased mine locally, but you can get the same thing on Ebay for hundreds less.

I have had no problems with CSF or Performance. Excellent products. Mike

I ordered the older style OEM from CDan. No complaints. I would do it again and again and again. Oh wait, I have :p.

Jon

OEM 93-94 radiator, thermostat, and the 4 hoses that connect to the radiator were ~$550 from CDan, without shipping. Just did mine a few weeks ago. Normal ground shipping is right around $50. Express guaranteed 3 day, which I had to do, due to time constraints, was $80.

I got mine from go-parts.com. Its a Koyo and fit perfectly. $250 to my front door. No complaints at all, I was just happy to pay only half of OEM. I am normaly an OEM only guy, but I just couldn't afford it.

I've been running a brass aftermarket for over a year with no issues. Cost was about $200 vs $500 for oem.

I bought my early OEM rad and hoses from gotmud and it only cost $5 to ship. There's a reason OEM costs more because they last. I learned my lesson buying cheap radiators on my mini trucks.:rolleyes::D

Last edited:
I would only go Koyo, but I work for a radiator and a/c shop, so I know very little. I'm somewhat partial to CSF because they are old school, and the opinion is mainly dependent on them hosting a tournament and paying for green fees awhile back.

Performance rads flat out suck.

I won't knock OEM, but you guys need to let me know when you need something cooling related, including a/c. Some of you are paying way too damn much.

Last edited:
I bought they Koyo from Ebay, I bought the earlier model that is said to be better. Been good to me for the past 2 months.... There are more threads about it if you search.

C1917

1993 1994 1995 Toyota Landcruiser KOYO Radiator C1917: eBay Motors (item 380236107691 end time Jun-21-10 19:04:41 PDT)

Why not the A1918 for the 96-97 models?
I read that the 93-95 model may be better radiators, can someone confirm?
I'm in the process of replacing mine now due to overheating and narrowed it down to the radiator after replacing the thermostat and testing the h20pump.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom