Radiator/coolant hoses kits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shtbrwn86

SILVER Star
Threads
My new-to-me 99 LX has 245k and I would like to do a coolant flush/thermostat/hoses/Ts soon. Problem is whenever I search for this stuff I only find information on the radiator hoses and heater Ts.

There are many more coolant hoses and I was wondering if someone makes a kit to replace all the coolant hoses, or if this is even needed? I was going to replace the hoses for the heater T when I do that job but I wanted input on the rest of the coolant hoses. I know the 80-series had the PHH. Anything like that on the 100-series?

Not interested in the silicone kits, but those are the only "kits" I could find.

On a side note, apparently my upper radiator hose was replaced recently by the dealer...but should it look like this? The red leaking coolant appears to be old as well, since it's dry and crusty and I haven't noticed any signs of new leaking coolant.

IMG_20200624_103343.jpg
IMG_20200624_103321.jpg

For the heater T hoses... I use a collection of Gates hoses that I cut as necessary.

Amazon product ASIN B000C2SC9W
Amazon product ASIN B000C2Y2DW
Gates 18622 EPDM GATR Small I.D. Coolant Hose, 23" Centerline Length, 0.48" ID, Black: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Heater t's is the 100 version of the PHH. No kit I know of for ALL coolant hoses. Check them, see if they're brittle, cracking, replace as needed. For the crusties, wash them off, see if more appear.

My new-to-me 99 LX has 245k and I would like to do a coolant flush/thermostat/hoses/Ts soon. Problem is whenever I search for this stuff I only find information on the radiator hoses and heater Ts.

There are many more coolant hoses and I was wondering if someone makes a kit to replace all the coolant hoses, or if this is even needed? I was going to replace the hoses for the heater T when I do that job but I wanted input on the rest of the coolant hoses. I know the 80-series had the PHH. Anything like that on the 100-series?

Not interested in the silicone kits, but those are the only "kits" I could find.

On a side note, apparently my upper radiator hose was replaced recently by the dealer...but should it look like this? The red leaking coolant appears to be old as well, since it's dry and crusty and I haven't noticed any signs of new leaking coolant.

View attachment 2352464View attachment 2352465

I don't have your answer on the kit, but I did go out and check and my OEM replacement hoses do not look like that. They are smooth.

I don't have your answer on the kit, but I did go out and check and my OEM replacement hoses do not look like that. They are smooth.

Thanks. I'll be replacing the radiator hoses as I just don't think that looks like a healthy hose.

I will be buying those hoses asap!
Keep the clamps that come off the hoses... The lower hoses are slightly larger and have slightly larger clamps. Those were easier to use and get on than the smaller ones provided. Also, find the Heater T thread, buy the tool linked in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom