Rad Flush (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a can of Super Flush for radiator. I justed filled it with clean Dexcool but didn't use the flush. Is the PO used that evil green coolant :mad:
I was not sure how hard the Super Flush is on rad and motor???
As I didn't change out the PHH should I Super Flush it next spring when I do the PHH? I checked the PHH and it is not leaking or swollen.
The overflow bottle had some gray sluge on the bottom and the old hoses had that green film on them.

Unless things have changed the Dexcool(GM stuff right?) is bad stuff and get it out of your 80, its bad news and worse if mixed.

get the 2 cans of Prestone flush follow directions, I spend 2-3 hours flushing my radiator/block when I get a new Cruiser, it takes forever to get the block to run clear if its never been done. I run water into the rad with motor running with the block drain open for most the flushing.WHen all done use 2 jugs(a bit shy of)of the OEM Toyota red anti freeze. Don't know about the PHH.

John H

I have read that there are currently a number of class action lawsuits pending against GM due to radiator clogging (heavy heavy rust buildup) and subsequent engine failures attributed to Dexcool.

At a minimum it appears that Dexcool fails to provide normal levels of corrosion protection if there is any air the system.

It definitly has a tarnished image compared to plan old Prestone.

Unless things have changed the Dexcool(GM stuff right?) is bad stuff and get it out of your 80, its bad news and worse if mixed.
I assume that is the same as Holden HN 2043(Contains 95% Ethlene Glycol by weight), If so there is nothing wrong with using it. Only problem I can see, Is that it may not contain a Corrosian Inhibitor.

Green Coolant contains Ethlene Glycol.
Pink Coolant is Biodegradeble and was originally developed for Racing(As it's not as Slippery as Ethlene Glycol based Coolant, When spilt on the Track). - Also Pink Coolant does'nt prevent Boiling and Freezing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom