R12 Tucson

I did a search but most of the threads were pretty old or in PHX. I was wondering if anyone knew a good shop for recharging my r12 AC system in Tucson. I found Arizona Auto Refrigeration just through a quick google search but some of their recent google reviews are hit an miss. Juts wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

I used to work for AZ Auto Refrigeration. The techs are still the same ones that I worked with and they're very good. I know there are different folks working in the office, so I can't speak to that part of the operation but unless things have really changed, they're pretty reasonable and more thorough than most.
Cool, that is enough for me hahaha. I will take mine there. Thanks!

Im a little late to this but I second az auto refrigeration. Took my 61 one there for r12 and that thing blows super cold now. Took them about 4 hours and well worth it.

And screw reviews.. They have a cruiser in one of their photos!
Screenshot_20200626-142132_Chrome.jpg

Im a little late to this but I second az auto refrigeration. Took my 61 one there for r12 and that thing blows super cold now. Took them about 4 hours and well worth it.

And screw reviews.. They have a cruiser in one of their photos!
View attachment 2387989

Hahahaha, I never noticed that. They were very straight forward and seemed very knowledgeable. It does suck because there is a vent that is broken, so even though they re-charged the system, it still wasn't blowing cold air. So, they have to get a part from PHX and it is going to be $500 fix....of course. lol

It's expensive ($60 per pound) but at least I know its good refrigerant.

o_O $60 a pound. A guy working on my neighbor's A/C said price of R12 was going down because the demand had dropped way off. Guess I should get the stuff to convert to R134A for once I'm out of R12.

I might get some from ebay. I just bought a new compressor, however my line busted! I had previously put in 134

What are they charging on eBay? Are there any restrictions? Do not have a business but have my universal stationary equipment card. Thinking of getting what I need to convert my 89 FJ62 over to R134A because it's on its way out as well. Few months back found a smaller freezer at Home Depot. It doesn't have R134A but some refrigerant I never heard. Has a warning it is flammable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom