R.O.R.E. Skid Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WOW :eek: That would of saved my $$$ acuator housing when I droped the rear axle off the jack stands. Toooo little, toooooo late :'(
I wounder if it would work with my Downey cable locker setup?
kurt

How much is it?

So, nobody actually ever responded that has them? Somebody has to have tried them... On the site he lists them for the FRONT of an 80, but has anybody ran one on the REAR? I know the front actuator is situated a little different than the rear... Any chance the one from the front might bolt up to the rear as well? RORE doesn't sell 'em specifically for the rears and he is unsure if it will work on the rear.

-Ferg-

Yup, I can read--real well. And I can read especially well the special email I have from Rauri himself stating they do not make one for the rear of 80s at this time. Ruari thinks it might work on the rear of an 80, but, as of yet, he has never actually test fit it on one. That article is wrong, it should read "Ruari's Off-Road Equipment(RORE) has a heavy duty skid plate to fit the Toyota electric locking differential actuators on 1996 to present Tacomas or 4Runners, and the front of FJ80 Land Cruisers".

BTW, by nobody responding to this thread (or the other one...) stating they what they are runnin' for protection there, are you all saying you don't run ANY protection for your actuators? Or maybe you just don't know? Or maybe you are all posers and don't know what I'm talkin' about... :flipoff2:

-Ferg-

When I talked to Rauri he said he would refund my $$ if the skid plate didn't fit my Downey Cable Lock setup. I am out of $$$ at this time or I would get one.

Just buy one and he will return your $$ if it doesn't work, and do a write up for us.

Ya, that's what he told me also. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anybody who'd actually already tried it. And make sure there wasn't a "i'm a cheap bastard" version out there that someone's selling... :D Guess I'll just have to be the test monkey on this one...

-Ferg-

Hmmm. From this pic, I can tell that at the very least it will not cover the whole rear actuator. The actuator on the rear of an 80 sticks out a lot farther to the side of the diff than that one in the pic... :(

Dang. :'( Now, I'm thinkin' it might not work... Though it's possible it might bolt up, it is not going to be ideal coverage without some more material.

-Ferg-

installed.JPG

Sorry, I don't have pics of the lockers in 80 series axles... But, you can see the differences in the amount of coverage needed...

What about this? I believe this is a factory actuator guard...? It doesn't look quite beefy enough for me, but with a few slight modifications it could be workable.

-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom