Quick help- uneven droop in front (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Even with long travel shocks, the 100 series torsion bar IFS design, CV axle length and LCA limitations doesnt allow for a lot of additional droop compared to a coil over design. Maybe not worth buying long travel shock only for that reason. I think @ga12r1 has an Icon long travel set up- maybe he will chime in. You’d have to mod the LCA, lengthen CV’s and add long travel shocks to get a substantial improvement ....or just go SAS to get more articulation.

Meager as it is, 2” of lift and droop of 2.5-3” (65-75mm) on this design is a happy medium for drivability and component life. More lift=less droop more stress on CVs (component wear, chances of leaking or torn boots increased) and lower caster=crap steering.

Curious, what obstacles have you not cleared because of limited droop?

Even with long travel shocks, the 100 series torsion bar IFS design, CV axle length and LCA limitations doesnt allow for a lot of additional droop compared to a coil over design. Maybe not worth buying long travel shock only for that reason. I think @ga12r1 has an Icon long travel set up- maybe he will chime in. You’d have to mod the LCA, lengthen CV’s and add long travel shocks to get a substantial improvement ....or just go SAS to get more articulation.

Meager as it is, 2” of lift and droop of 2.5-3” (65-75mm) on this design is a happy medium for drivability and component life. More lift=less droop more stress on CVs (component wear, chances of leaking or torn boots increased) and lower caster=crap steering.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t call the Icon setup in the front “Long Travel”, but I did gain about 1/2” in droop. That has made a ton of difference for me running at 22” H2F.

I can bomb it across the dunes and ruts at the beach wide open and it’s just soaks it up. I could not do that before. I wonder how much of that is the extra 1/2” and how much is the digressive shock, or I guess a combination. Either way I like it.

So the upper control arms are the culprit and causing the problem I thought those were some pretty good units

I was texting Lee about it yesterday before I disconnected my shock and sway bar to test it. He's got Jason's arms with the Icons, but put both on at the same time.

I haven't really been at a loss due to droop yet as I've got basically what I'm supposed to. I am running a 34" tire vs most 100s on 33s so was just looking for a little extra tire clearance. Somewhat of a vanity thing, but I do scrub the fender liner here and there on ruts. I ran some decently technical trails with a 3x locked 80 a few weeks back and while I kept up and got over everything he did, there was a little more drama involved. Without ATRAC I wouldn't have done it as well, methinks. Tires in the air definitely don't help.

So the upper control arms are the culprit and causing the problem I thought those were some pretty good units

Not so much the problem, they just won't allow any "extra" as I thought they would. I'm still getting exactly what I'm supposed to, but that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom