quick help needed!!! auction soon! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I need some help here.

I found a '88 FJ62 for auction. The auction starts in a couple of hours so I need some quick feed back.

-1988 FJ62
-aprox. 350k
-rust only on passenger side front fender just behind wheel well and in the same spot in the passenger rear fender.
-automatic
-A/C
-power windows
-tinted windows
-missing rear wiper
-it was driven all the way fom neterland to boulder where it died and was towed the rest fo the way. They took it to a mechanic just behind where they are and he got it running for a minute but then it died again. Its an EFI.
-missing a bumper cap on driver side front
-brown
-not sure about the rest I could only do a quick inspection.

-sorry no pics.

how much do you think it is worth?

$1k - 1250 tops?

It sounds like it could be a can of worms. Won't run, high mileage, etc. Make sure the rest of it isn't rusting and/or falling apart.

Less than $0 - maybe a parts car, but not a good one with that many miles.

I thought that is really bad notices about this TLC .. are you interested in a rust not function car . ? to spare parts . .. o to repair it .. ?

I thought if the idea is using some parts ( as diff transfer .. mmm steerign . ) is ok .. but to rebuild alll to use

I was thinking maybe a DD. But with that many mile on it.....it may be a waste of time trying to get her going.

I may get it just for s***s and giggles if I only have to pay $100 to $200 bucks. I dunno.....
I have always wanted a 60 series cruiser. And it would be easier to haul the 2 kids around in it rather than the corolla.

Yeah, you could ride the kids around in it - if you have something to tow it with! Seriously, pass on it & start looking for a good one, or at least one that runs & is lisenceable.

Last edited:
go for it! 300 bucks tops!

If little or no rust, I'd bid a few hundred...as you say "just for s***s and giggles"

It's got lots of miles though...might want to do a quick check of the oil level, smell the tranny fluid, look at the knuckles too see if they are weeping...

Worst case, park it an the kids can play in it! If you keep the batttery charged, they'll have a blast honking the horn, running the windows, etc.

Almost always cheaper and better to buy a decent truck that works, rather than buy a POS that you have to spend money on...

M

yea it is easier to buy something that runs,,,and is nice, but you gain no experieince that way

it might not run bc of 1 wire,, I cannot remember right now but on wire on the thermostat housing not being hooked up (or the connector could be bad) will get it to start and cut off,,, if you want to part it out, there are lots of people looking for parts,,, me included,,,

how clean is the inside, how long has the po owned it, I bought one with 220k on it, but they had records, and it had like 150 compression,,, it still runs great at almost 300k

Sounds like a parts truck to me. The high mileage wouldn't bother me that much if I did a good diagnostic (compression test, etc...) If you had a 3FE driveline or something else to drop into it, I'd say go for it, or to use it as a project vehicle only...but yeah, if you want a 60, spend $5k on one with low miles, you'll be happier in the end.

i'd agree with the 1k-1200 max. but if you can get it for less, go for it. magoo got his roommate a running 60 at the auction for something like $500

Well I didn't get it. I didn't want to bid too much. I wish I had bid more now, but hey hind sight is always 20/20.

Turns out it did run....for a bit. It would start then die after a period of time. The guy who did get it only spent $300. fawk. oh well. what can ya do now.

The only thing is I dont know how high he would have pushed the bidding. I have a good feeling he would have gone as high as $2000 just because of the way he was bidding. He got a killer deal. fawker. :D

Thanks for the feed back guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom