Quick charging a lipo4 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to double check, are you using the “WIPERS” fuse in the drivers kick panel, or is there additionally a fuse for washers down there?

Either way, if you aren’t doing it already, I would strongly suggest using the add-a-circuit to switch a relay that gates a wire from your battery to the cig socket.

If you are pulling 100w on a fuse rated for 180w, that only leaves 80w for the original load— the wipers. It seems very possible that when charging and running your wipers, the fuse blows.

Trying to save you having no wipers in a blizzard one day in the future. :)
Good looking out. I considered the wiper fuse after reading here in another post that some folks used this 30amp fuse. I didn’t want to run into an issue with the wipers failing so I used the fuse that is listed in the manual to be for the “windshield washer” Number 10
And is a 20 amp fuse. There is also the “rear wiper and washer fuse” number 11 that is a 15amp fuse. This is another option as it’s less critical.

I updated my previous post to reflect the use of fuse #10- “windshield washer”

IMG_1159.jpeg

Just wanted to double check, are you using the “WIPERS” fuse in the drivers kick panel, or is there additionally a fuse for washers down there?

Either way, if you aren’t doing it already, I would strongly suggest using the add-a-circuit to switch a relay that gates a wire from your battery to the cig socket.

If you are pulling 100w on a fuse rated for 180w, that only leaves 80w for the original load— the wipers. It seems very possible that when charging and running your wipers, the fuse blows.

Trying to save you having no wipers in a blizzard one day in the future. :)
Or why not use an empty fuse socket?
On my ‘21 there are several on the passenger side fuse panel. At least one is only powered when the engine is on.

Or why not use an empty fuse socket?
On my ‘21 there are several on the passenger side fuse panel. At least one is only powered when the engine is on.
That was my initial plan. There are a ton of open slots that look to be for the Lx570 and it’s AHC. I will look into moving the wiring over when I have more time. Being in a time crunch I was looking for the path of least resistance, basically a straight line back to the rear drivers side of the 3rd row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom