Questions about my 85 FJ60 SOA rear pinion angle?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Angle at the pinion is spot on!

2137FAA3-9276-4A96-BBB6-7B7BBA762799.jpeg

Not sure if this belongs here because I am NOT SOA, but I am getting ready to set my perches on my 80 axle going on my 60. I am confused about the correct way to do this, so maybe there are two ways that work? My existing axle is still on my rig (the 60). I have the typical OME lift 2"-3". My current settings are 2 degrees down at the xcase (but I am going to install new rear engine mount) and 3 degrees down on the rear pinion. So to make them parallel I would rotate the new 80 axle up 5 degrees from where the current one is, or +2 degrees from zero. Maybe I just set it at 0 and go for it?
Thanks for anyone's input on this.

Not sure if this belongs here because I am NOT SOA, but I am getting ready to set my perches on my 80 axle going on my 60. I am confused about the correct way to do this, so maybe there are two ways that work? My existing axle is still on my rig (the 60). I have the typical OME lift 2"-3". My current settings are 2 degrees down at the xcase (but I am going to install new rear engine mount) and 3 degrees down on the rear pinion. So to make them parallel I would rotate the new 80 axle up 5 degrees from where the current one is, or +2 degrees from zero. Maybe I just set it at 0 and go for it?
Thanks for anyone's input on this.

2-degrees up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom