Question on lifts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m new to this forum and a first time LC owner (‘19). Have not done many mods other than wheels and tires but would like to give it a small 1.5”-2.5” lift. Obviously there are tons of options and recommendations and I’ve read many of these threads to help with my decision. That being said I‘m looking for advice from anyone in this thread as I’m in NC. I’m not planning on any additional equipment/overlanding or any real off-roading, just camping/family trips etc. is about it. Would like to keep as much as the stock ride feel as possible. Does anyone have a ‘19 lifted that may fall into this category or close to it? If so would love to hear your experience…..pros cons etc. Thanks in advance.

I’m new to this forum and a first time LC owner (‘19). Have not done many mods other than wheels and tires but would like to give it a small 1.5”-2.5” lift. Obviously there are tons of options and recommendations and I’ve read many of these threads to help with my decision. That being said I‘m looking for advice from anyone in this thread as I’m in NC. I’m not planning on any additional equipment/overlanding or any real off-roading, just camping/family trips etc. is about it. Would like to keep as much as the stock ride feel as possible. Does anyone have a ‘19 lifted that may fall into this category or close to it? If so would love to hear your experience…..pros cons etc. Thanks in advance.
5829EE7A-A5D7-462D-8B08-B13E22C307EC.jpeg

Check this out. Eibach. I put a 3inch lift on wife’s fj100 and a 3 inch on my 2015 tundra. Easy install and way cheaper than OME if no heavy off-roading. Now on my FJ80 I did OME
For your truck it does 1.7 in front and 1.0 in rear $917. Stage 1

Thx for the quick reply @JHypes. I have not seen that option yet but still learning. I will check it out as thats right in my range in both height and price starting out and should be able to get proper alignment w/o changing UCA’s

Bilstein has a kit for 200s with comfort springs that gives you the height you want but keep the similar ride feel

I have a 2" ThoughDog kit on my '08. Outside of that, 285 ATs and some sliders, she's stock. Rides pretty well. THe rears shocks are adjustable and I only fiddle with them if I'm towing my 40. You are welcome to take a ride (I'm in Cary). I don't have much to compare, but I've been pleased.

ETA - IMHO, the oversized tires affect ride more than the actual springs and shocks. You aren't going to get ATs a couple sizes up without compromising some noise and comfort, but it's not bad. Stock is just so damned buttery smooth and quiet.

Sounded like this was what you were looking
Interestingly, I called Eibach and spoke with Kevin who helped develop this lift and he told me one of the 2 LC’s that was used as a test was John Elway‘s as he owns a Toyota store and wanted something similar to what I described. It’s progressive but he mentioned I could get higher rated springs for the rear and that would help with cargo etc. and still maintain factory ride. Here are some pics of Elways LC with the lift (before and after at the bottom) of this link to give a better idea of the lift. Lift Kits, Lowering Springs, Race Springs, Shocks & Sway Bars - https://eibach.com/us/c-790-product-releases-2008-2021-toyota-land-cruiser-200-series.html
he also said they are working on a lift for the 200‘s that is adjustable with a wrench that will be released soon. Anyway, appreciate the help.

I got the ironman 2” with control arms. I have to find time to install it. As long as you dont go heavy on the springs the ride shouldn’t change much. If you go heavy the truck has to be loaded for it to be comfortable.

I have a 2" ThoughDog kit on my '08. Outside of that, 285 ATs and some sliders, she's stock. Rides pretty well. THe rears shocks are adjustable and I only fiddle with them if I'm towing my 40. You are welcome to take a ride (I'm in Cary). I don't have much to compare, but I've been pleased.

ETA - IMHO, the oversized tires affect ride more than the actual springs and shocks. You aren't going to get ATs a couple sizes up without compromising some noise and comfort, but it's not bad. Stock is just so damned buttery smooth and quiet.
Thanks for reply, I wish I had written this 3 weeks ago as I was up in your area and would have loved to see how it drives. IMO I believe that is the only way to get a really good idea of ride quality. I’ll reach out if I’m back up there. Thanks for the reply.

Interestingly, I called Eibach and spoke with Kevin who helped develop this lift and he told me one of the 2 LC’s that was used as a test was John Elway‘s as he owns a Toyota store and wanted something similar to what I described. It’s progressive but he mentioned I could get higher rated springs for the rear and that would help with cargo etc. and still maintain factory ride. Here are some pics of Elways LC with the lift (before and after at the bottom) of this link to give a better idea of the lift. Lift Kits, Lowering Springs, Race Springs, Shocks & Sway Bars - https://eibach.com/us/c-790-product-releases-2008-2021-toyota-land-cruiser-200-series.html
he also said they are working on a lift for the 200‘s that is adjustable with a wrench that will be released soon. Anyway, appreciate the help.
My wife’s 100 rides good with eibach kit I put on it. No complaints

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom