Question for the group about LC200 Heritage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I could be wrong on this one- a bit of of an easter egg- but i believe that this Load Capacity Reduction notice inside the driver’s side door is unique to the HEs and reflects the weight of the roof basket that accompanies these models.

778F6C9B-D48B-4BC1-A6E5-E50AA2393B2D.jpeg

I could be wrong on this one- a bit of of an easter egg- but i believe that this Load Capacity Reduction notice inside the driver’s side door is unique to the HEs and reflects the weight of the roof basket that accompanies these models.

View attachment 3059532
Not unique to HEs. My '16 has one.

Being said, what are the specific features of an HE model are you in search of if it has enough features (BBS, badging, headlights, grille, etc.) to be a good fake?
I gather the original poster simply doesn't want to pay a premium for what is claimed to be an original Heritage Edition for a fake one. If someone is just interested in one or 2 changes from the Heritage Edition, many of them are super easy to make. Removing the factory side steps would be one of the easiest changes. The cooler box delete would be by far the most difficult change and would also be fairly expensive to get the different parts.

As an owner of a 2020 HE, the rear seat delete has turned out to be a bit of a negative when it comes to modifications because some of the floor mounting points that things like drawer systems use aren't present. I did not want the rear seats and really didn't want to have to store them after removal, but not having the mounting points is a bit unfortunate and wasn't something that any of us were aware of at the time I made my purchase (I think everyone was somewhat reasonably assuming all the mounting points were there underneath the trim panels). The cool box delete is a big plus for me as I wouldn't have used the cooler and would much rather have the extra storage space. For the most part, the other changes aren't a big deal either way. I do like the look of the BBS wheels, but it's easy enough to swap wheels if one wants to.

One thing that did not occur to me when I purchased mine is long term availability of any special parts. The blacked out headlights, for example, will most likely be much harder to get in the future than the non-HE headlights, especially if a lot of people feel compelled to turn their LC's into fake HE's. Same thing with some of the other parts that are HE specific.

I gather the original poster simply doesn't want to pay a premium for what is claimed to be an original Heritage Edition for a fake one. If someone is just interested in one or 2 changes from the Heritage Edition, many of them are super easy to make. Removing the factory side steps would be one of the easiest changes. The cooler box delete would be by far the most difficult change and would also be fairly expensive to get the different parts.

As an owner of a 2020 HE, the rear seat delete has turned out to be a bit of a negative when it comes to modifications because some of the floor mounting points that things like drawer systems use aren't present. I did not want the rear seats and really didn't want to have to store them after removal, but not having the mounting points is a bit unfortunate and wasn't something that any of us were aware of at the time I made my purchase (I think everyone was somewhat reasonably assuming all the mounting points were there underneath the trim panels). The cool box delete is a big plus for me as I wouldn't have used the cooler and would much rather have the extra storage space. For the most part, the other changes aren't a big deal either way. I do like the look of the BBS wheels, but it's easy enough to swap wheels if one wants to.

One thing that did not occur to me when I purchased mine is long term availability of any special parts. The blacked out headlights, for example, will most likely be much harder to get in the future than the non-HE headlights, especially if a lot of people feel compelled to turn their LC's into fake HE's. Same thing with some of the other parts that are HE specific.
Fake HE is a strong word considering it’s only cosmetic differences.

People that put M badges on base 3 series are “fake”.

We’ll others with more definitive answers can post up, but I would have thought all ‘21 and ‘22 are HE.

No third row install would be a big clue. HEs don’t have third row installed, so there shouldn’t be any mounting holes for the seats.
2021 HE had an option for third row, so you will find an HE equipped that way.
No cool box, wheels, unique grill and darkened headlights, roof basket, no chrome trim on the doors.

Fake HE is a strong word considering it’s only cosmetic differences.

People that put M badges on base 3 series are “fake”.
Good grief. Are you really going to pick nits over use of the word fake? The first definition of fake is "not genuine; counterfeit". "Not genuine" is exactly what is being discussed here.

I think my point was perfectly clear - the original poster is trying to avoid paying a premium for a LC that wasn't an HE from the factory. If you don't approve of the word fake, then replace it with something else if it makes you feel better. Whether the differences are cosmetic or more substantial (like a more powerful engine), if someone is trying to charge extra by tricking a buyer into thinking they're getting a HE, it's still wrong.

RMR 4x4 in Birmingham Alabama has like half a dozen HE’s and a number of base models as well. They typically ask for a premium but they are good guys. May be worth checking.

RMR 4x4 in Birmingham Alabama has like half a dozen HE’s and a number of base models as well. They typically ask for a premium but they are good guys. May be worth checking.
Asking for premium does not equate to good guys IMHO. :D

I have noticed many non HE’s listed as HE’s, this is typically due to dealer ignorance when they input a vin a get a drop down box to choose between 2 models (remember they aren’t on every forum pouring through intimate details of every car made) and the system doesn’t recognize a vin distinction and they just click the first or default.

Being said, what are the specific features of an HE model are you in search of if it has enough features (BBS, badging, headlights, grille, etc.) to be a good fake?

When I purchased my 20’ HE I wanted the BBS wheels and didn’t want the third row, the badging, all black interior and molding delete was a nice bonus, but not a deal breaker.
Cannot even tell you how many of these I've seen!

Spot on... if I'm going to pay for a "limited" edition, I want it to be authentic. Thanks for bringing your points to the table! I didn't even consider the 3rd row delete complications with drawer/storage systems...

Cannot even tell you how many of these I've seen!

Spot on... if I'm going to pay for a "limited" edition, I want it to be authentic. Thanks for bringing your points to the table! I didn't even consider the 3rd row delete complications with drawer/storage systems...
Easy retrofit for adding anchors to the heritage edition for drawers.

Easy retrofit for adding anchors to the heritage edition for drawers.
I'm not sure that I would agree that it's easy to add anchors that match up to the missing 3rd seat anchors for pre-made drawer systems. Like I said, it's not a huge negative, but it is a minor downside. If building your own customer drawers, it isn't an issue at all and some of the pre-made drawer systems only use the 4 cargo tie down spots anyway.

The other related item I ran into was installing the Kaon side Molle panels for their gear shelf. The HE has different rear (3rd row location, that is) cupholders than the non-HE because the HE comes with a retractable cargo cover and 1 cupholder per side instead of 2 cupholders per ide. To install the Molle panels, one needs to swap in the non-HE cupholders or hack the HE cupholders. Again, not a major issue, but another inconvenience. The replacement cupholders cost about $50 each and the rear quarter panels need to be popped off to switch them (that project took a few hours).

Interesting point on the anchor points of non third row vehicles.

Are the tapped holes for the seats/hardware present in all models and just some of the hardware is omitted? Would be great to see what are the specific differences if anyone had torn both versions down to the metal and has pictures.

I would be surprised T has 2 different rear floor pans used in production, however it is possible since there are overseas models without third row and I believe the US spec LX has been available to order without a third row the last few years.

Interesting point on the anchor points of non third row vehicles.

Are the tapped holes for the seats/hardware present in all models and just some of the hardware is omitted? Would be great to see what are the specific differences if anyone had torn both versions down to the metal and has pictures.

I would be surprised T has 2 different rear floor pans used in production, however it is possible since there are overseas models without third row and I believe the US spec LX has been available to order without a third row the last few years.
Both the tapped holes and hardware are missing.

I'm not sure that I would agree that it's easy to add anchors that match up to the missing 3rd seat anchors for pre-made drawer systems. Like I said, it's not a huge negative, but it is a minor downside. If building your own customer drawers, it isn't an issue at all and some of the pre-made drawer systems only use the 4 cargo tie down spots anyway.

The other related item I ran into was installing the Kaon side Molle panels for their gear shelf. The HE has different rear (3rd row location, that is) cupholders than the non-HE because the HE comes with a retractable cargo cover and 1 cupholder per side instead of 2 cupholders per ide. To install the Molle panels, one needs to swap in the non-HE cupholders or hack the HE cupholders. Again, not a major issue, but another inconvenience. The replacement cupholders cost about $50 each and the rear quarter panels need to be popped off to switch them (that project took a few hours)
Good to know the si
Nothing a decent fabricator can’t fix

Nothing a decent fabricator can’t fix
It's probably possible to just order any of the missing brackets that bolt in. I'm not sure if any of the missing brackets are welded to the floor on a LC that has 3rd row seats; if there are, those would need to be fabricated. The tricky part about the missing tapped holes would be figuring out exactly where they belong, otherwise it's a simple matter of drilling and tapping a few holes. And, of course, corresponding holes would need to be made in the rear quarter trim panels. It's probably all doable, but comes down to just how much effort and money one would want to put into such things. When I bought mine, I just assumed that it was the same as any other 200 series under the trim panels. I haven't decided if I want to go with a shelf/drawer system yet and also haven't decided if I would make one or buy one, but I do know that some of the systems that are on the market use the mounting points for the 3rd row seats and some don't. I had built my own shelf for my G-wagons and will probably do the same with the LC unless I decide I want drawers. I'm not sure I want to tackle building drawers. If I build my own, I'll just use the 4 cargo tie downs as anchors.

It's probably possible to just order any of the missing brackets that bolt in. I'm not sure if any of the missing brackets are welded to the floor on a LC that has 3rd row seats; if there are, those would need to be fabricated. The tricky part about the missing tapped holes would be figuring out exactly where they belong, otherwise it's a simple matter of drilling and tapping a few holes. And, of course, corresponding holes would need to be made in the rear quarter trim panels. It's probably all doable, but comes down to just how much effort and money one would want to put into such things. When I bought mine, I just assumed that it was the same as any other 200 series under the trim panels. I haven't decided if I want to go with a shelf/drawer system yet and also haven't decided if I would make one or buy one, but I do know that some of the systems that are on the market use the mounting points for the 3rd row seats and some don't. I had built my own shelf for my G-wagons and will probably do the same with the LC unless I decide I want drawers. I'm not sure I want to tackle building drawers. If I build my own, I'll just use the 4 cargo tie downs as anchors.
I feel like i saw one of the HE forum members with this setup. Dobinsons 200 Series Drawers for Toyota Land Cruiser (2008-2019) - https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-200-series-drawers-toyota-land-cruiser-2008-2017/?gclid=CjwKCAjww8mWBhABEiwAl6-2RXSabiiw7ihr0uAGVV0BmGNmhL2xGrd078XUsNVb1AU5kYKw3CcK0xoCPaoQAvD_BwE

I purchased my 2021 HE through them. They are good to deal with and the vehicles are very well represented on their website. They do charge a premium but not much more than everyone else and they know their vehicles. Here’s a picture of mine

F5390C95-EF96-4E00-9CA0-51526B240448.jpeg

I've seen multiple HE owners post that the threaded holes are still there but behind sheet metal and can be opened up with a drill. I haven't done it myself, but they were trustworthy sources.

The drawer systems I've worked with (Reef and ADGU) only use the floor mounting points. I think Trekboxx has alternate mounting for HEs.

I purchased my 2021 HE through them. They are good to deal with and the vehicles are very well represented on their website. They do charge a premium but not much more than everyone else and they know their vehicles. Here’s a picture of mine

View attachment 3060781
What size tires are those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom