Question for Coilover and Air Shock Users. What size Nitrogen Tank should I get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm linking my truck and I'll need to charge my shocks. I'm not going to be taking my truck to some shop to do it.

What size tank would be recommended for me to have available in my own garage?

I was getting my welding tank swapped out today and they want ridiculous money to buy a tank and over a buck a day to rent. The guy at the counter said to buy online or find used with current cert.

I have the equipment to do it. I used to be a field mechanic for a Caterpillar dealer and charged nitrogen accumulators quite often. We had industrial sized bottles. I don't think I need that. I never had coilovers so I don't know how often they need a charge or even how much they typically use.

I will keep it in my garage and maybe in my tow vehicle on out of state trips. So what size tank?

Last edited:
5-10 lb should do it. Once charged you do not need to do it often unless you have a leak. Not sure what cu size those are.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see if I can find what that is in cubic feet.

I had one person say 80 CF would be more than enough. I've seen 60's and 40's available at my supplier as well.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see if I can find what that is in cubic feet.

I had one person say 80 CF would be more than enough. I've seen 60's and 40's available at my supplier as well.
You'll be fine with a 20CF tank.

Definitely heading towards the less expensive side if 20 will be enough.
Even if you need to refill it once, its much smaller and easier to store, handle, etc. These cylinders are high pressure and you're shocks should only take 150psi, so you should have more than enough volume and pressure to charge them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom