Question about manual steering gear seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

W/o actually being on site they all look correctly oriented to me.

W/o actually being on site they all look correctly oriented to me.
Thanks for the reply! They have a U profile with the bottom of the U being the flat part you see in the photo. I've seen power steering boxes where they use a similar kind of profile filled with grease and inserted the other way, but then they're also covered up with a second flat seal which isn't the case here.

I think you’re good.

I didn't get much traction in the documentation thread so I thought I'd pose the question here: Is this the correct orientation of the newer style seals in a manual steering box? My intuition tells me it has to be, but i couldn't find another good thread or pic on this site to confirm.

just realized your link above to your first tech topic thread ........

both your seals look 100% correct facing / orientation to me

if a All Rubber Seal / vulcanized types like you have going on

then the stamped and cast text font and any logos always face out and away from the fluid or grease there designed to keep .........

well sealed :)

looks like solid work to me

i use a 10 or 12 " 2x4 to use flat side and i stall the pit-man arm seal then use the end grain to finish each seal home rotating the big soft pine block in a star driving pattern .

this way you will not kink or drive in seal at a bevel or angle in anyway

just remember its not a race installing seals i take my time and focus hard too , and results are FSM most of the time

notice i said most 😆

but your good ..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom