Question about CB mount and antenna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tachycardic

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for peoples’ experience with a set up like mine. I have a Gamiviti hood mount (seems very study) and a Sirio Turbo 5000 (quite meaty). Connecting coax is a Sirio SO 239. The Sirio weighs about a pound and I took the LC out for a drive on the highway with it mounted. Seemed to be okay. My concern is offroad. Will be hitting miles of corrugated and gravel roads and I wanted to make sure that this setup will hold up. Should I get something smaller and lighter like a firestik?

2C432622-2EB1-4BFC-89CD-275DCFBDD4CF.jpeg

In that location, I'd break just about any antenna in a few hours offroad. My preferred location is a spring mount on the rear of the truck, rising a foot or two over the roof, where the antenna base is shielded from brush by the body.

Last edited:
I ran that antenna on my Jeep. Performance wise, it outdid everything I have ever tried. I would be leary of the wind load onto that bracket. Fortunately, most of the weight is low. In the center of my roof on my cruiser, I tried it on a mag mount. I tagged a tree about a foot from the top and it knocked the mag mount over. It wasn't a small mag mount.

I would think that would be vulnerable to damage. I would either go with a base loaded nmo antenna (such as a Larson or Maxrad) with a very flexible whip after the coil or use a spring on a non-nmo antenna.

In that location, I'd break just about any antenna in a few hours offroad. My preferred location is a spring mount on the rear of the truck, rising a foot or two over the roof, where the antenna base is shielded from brush by the body.

^^^^

Agreed.

yodaTEQ.jpg

wash3.JPG

Coax8.jpg

Here’s mine mounted with the Wagon Gear mount. 4’ fire stick
3E04ED52-A8DB-4D9D-A426-46F9440F25DD.jpeg
136C4B72-E40A-4717-A0E5-7BEF76B6AB65.jpeg
1DCAF4A9-BB9B-47A4-A262-82E0A68CB5BB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom