Purchase advice needed on a 221k 04 LC100. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings and salutations from a long time lurker.

Advice needed for a chicken s*** retired old Toyota fanboy on a possible purchase.

The rig is in average shape but should clean up nicely with bumper resprays for and aft. It has a new Toyota battery (4 mos) a new heater core and servo (20k ago), new brake switch and charcoal canister (26k ago), T-belt water pump upper hose alternator and front rotors (29k ago) and new plugs (60k ago). It's had nearly all of its maintenance at Toyota dealerships and looks to have some decent tread AT's on it and overall isn't in bad shape at all in the pictures, but here's my quandry... it was a one owner vehicle up until May of this year when it was traded in at 202k. On July 26 it had 220,535 miles (+17,705 in 80 days) and then on July 29 it had 221,196 (+661 in 3 days).

I've yet to drive up to see it 3 hrs. 1 way and the price is reasonable (under 9k). One of the pictures shows the instrument cluster and the vsc trac and vsc off lights on.

Should I jump on it and sort everything out or be leary and walk away to wait for a unicorn creampuff to come along?

Where is it located? Sounds cheap and a lot of money was dumped into it.

Would you know why the second owner got rid of it so fast?

It doesn't sound all that bad. Are you able to talk to the seller over the phone? That would give you a chance to ask some questions about the mileage, and maybe see if it's worth the drive. Can you post a link?

I switched gears and located another 100. I'm going to go pick it up on Saturday. 04 LX470 with 239k. Over 6k in receipts for brake master, t-belt and water pump, all 4 gloves for AHC, tires, front rotors and pads
...etc.

I switched gears and located another 100. I'm going to go pick it up on Saturday. 04 LX470 with 239k. Over 6k in receipts for brake master, t-belt and water pump, all 4 gloves for AHC, tires, front rotors and pads
...etc.

Brake master and tbelt job is a major plus. Dont forget to post pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom