'04 LC100 Just Turned 90k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hit the 90k mark and loving my new to me '04 LC100. I have hit a major cross road in deciding if I want to molest it. Planning on keeping it forever and really like the ARB build outs I see on line. I'm in central NC and frequent Uwharrie trails and Blue Ridge area with my TJ and thinking about outfitting the 100 for the same outings. Really don't mind spending the cash.
20240129_074534.jpg
Any thoughts?

do it.

I’d start with sliders and tires. Then it’s a slippery slope from there

I appreciate stock hundy more now after building my last LC. Decided to keep my current LX stock but my wife hit a deer, so bought a Dissent front bumper. Oh well…

broman. keep it stock. If you want an overland build, grab an older model with more mileage and wreck it. Though I love my overland 100, I miss how nimble it used to drive. ha!

I'm with @jerebear21 , that's a very valuable 100 to go monkey with on tight trails or do a bunch of irreversible mods, especially if you already have a TJ set up for those. I have two 100s, one very heavily (and irreversibly) modified for the type of trails I like to do, and one that's almost bone stock that's my daily driver.

That said, your truck, your rules, do what makes you happy with it. I feel a little bit like a hypocrite telling you not to when I took my first 100 (Arizona truck with 70K miles) and started modifying it the first day I got it! :)

Cheers and good luck!

Adding more weight and larger tires makes the MPG to suffer. I like the stock setup and good on the wallet for long distance travelling.

Put all of your thoughts on hold for one year. See what you like and dislike about it being stock. Then slowly add from there. The time building our LC's on paper is just as much fun as the finished product. I prefer to slowly piece it together as items are needed. Rather than going into full build mode from day one.

Congrats, that's a beautiful example! Have fun with it however you'd like.

Having owned a very built 100 for years, I'd really appreciate a nice, clean, low mileage cream puff to keep stock and baby it. At the most, some C-rated 33s and torsion bar adjustment.

The 2004 is a great year! I'd say slightly larger AT tires and one of those tree air fresheners and there's really no place you can't go.

IMG_7570-2.jpg

broman. keep it stock. If you want an overland build, grab an older model with more mileage and wreck it. Though I love my overland 100, I miss how nimble it used to drive. ha!
This guy knows what he’s talking about!

You do you, but no chance I'd leave it stock. It's made for the work, kind of a shame to relegate it to same kind of life a Subaru could live. I'm not a collector though, and mostly view 100s like hammers, just tools for the job to be done.

I definitely would have appreciated starting from your current position though. Lots less garbage to fix or undo to get it where it's dialed in for the work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom