Puma mounting, bushings or not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Figured I'd just post here as there are probably more Puma users per capita in AZ anyway.

So I have it and LCP's mount. Should I just bolt that thing down, or to I go through the hassle of coming up with some sort of rubber isolation system? Seems like to do it right, you'd have to use bushings like what is on the top of the radiator for an 80... hmm...

Seen it done both ways the most common is to bolt through the OEM rubber feet. Either way I would use nylon locking bolts.

You will probably get more feed back posting the question on the 80's board.

image.jpg
I used random rubber washers from hardware store, a little les than a year without issue so far, lol stock screws too, bought replacement nuts and bolts haven't had the need to put them in yet

yeah, I'm overthinking this whole thing. just bolt her down and use her. not like I'm going to be inside 99% of the time when the thing is running anyway.

thx.

I didn't use bushings, runs fine and no noticeable difference in sound or vibration. I suspect they are there to absorb vibration and keep it from running around the shop like the old electric football game players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom