Puma air compressor question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Azca

If there is a harder way - I will find it...
Threads
Before I buy, is there any real benefit I would see jumping from a 1.5 gallon tank to a 3 gallon tank for what we do? I don't plan on carrying air tools, but you never know.

If you did carry air tools, they'd work a bit longer, but you probably already figured that. If it's full before you start airing up, the first tire will be a bit faster. On the other hand, if it's not full, it'll take longer to fill, and will run longer every time you turn it on. And of course it's bigger, which means less room in the truck for other stuff.

I also don't plan to ever bring air tools, and run a tankless compressor. Mostly for the extra room.

Last edited:
I tested the PUMA with and without a tank and unless you are running tools I would run it without a tank due to size providing you fully understand the controls. I found the performance difference to be minimal. If you do divorce the PUMA be aware of pressure switch, unloading valve, and fuse it properly for safety.

Divorced ran live in a LX470

I divorced mine from the tank as well, but it's setup a little differently than Phil's.

IMG_20180624_195541_01.jpg
IMG_20180709_151028.jpg

While I haven't really noticed a difference in performance without the tank, I have thought about mounting the tank under the truck and putting an outlet in my rear bumper. But that's really more for the convenience of not having to open the back of the truck than it is for performance. I don't carry air tools either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom