pulling eng/trans/x-fer, will the rear ring on the head hold it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1FZ, 96 LX450, I have the body removed and need to lift the eng/trans/xfer off the frame. I think the rear ring on the aft passenger side of the head should be about the balance point, kinda want confirmation that someone has used this point alone to support the whole assembly. that ring looks stout but is it stout enough? maybe i could use the top bell housing bolts? they look stronger but it will be more tipsy grabbing lower, I am a one man operation.

Anyone know the weight of the eng/trans/x-fer assembly?

I did it using the front and rear factory rings on the head. I removed it at a junk yard pull a part using old seat belts and a fork lift. All accessories still attached. It wasn't pretty but it worked just fine. I later did the same thing to transfer it from trailer to another trailer this time with a chain and a ratchet strap to lift and level the transfer case. So yes it will hold the weight. As for the exact weight I have no idea but it is extremely heavy. Hope this helps, Rick

they did just fine when they built your truck in 96 with all the bolt-on hanging on the motor/trans/transfer assembly

they did just fine when they built your truck in 96 with all the bolt-on hanging on the motor/trans/transfer assembly

hmm good point they probably do shove it in as one assembly,

Engine removed no drama just the way I like it,

The chassis is shipping out this week.
Engine removed.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom