PSA: secret where’s waldo M5 lock pin for the dobinson adjustable monotube steering damper for LHD installs. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i think i have this correct but here is the secret lock pin that you have to fully remove to get this damper from dobinson installed on a LHD vehicle since it comes from the factory set up for RHD.

the other (outer) pin is the pinch bolt.

anyway this is sort of hard to explain but there is an L shaped bracket with a stud attached to a cylindrical housing that has a reservoir attached to it. if you don’t know about this pin removal you can’t rotate the L shaped bracket to align the reservoir properly.

you have to fully remove this pin. you cannot simply loosen it like you do the one next to it.

the only way to do this install if you didn’t know about this pin would be to flip the assembly left to right and try the install flipped which does not work (edit: actually it does work but i guess you install the eye bolt in from the front and i was trying to install it from the back of the mount or something).

trying this would be a perfectly reasonable proposition since the photos in the install instructions are not clear and they don’t say anything about a lock pin so if you can’t get it in per the instructions you have to try something else.

anyway, basically you can’t install this damper on LHD with reservoir on DS unless you remove this pin.
0F636310-C9A1-4B82-A048-E7B4573D18F1.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom