For Sale PSA - Houston 80 on CL........ (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Approx. 230k I believe. This was for sale by the original owner on Sunday. The asking price was much much much lower..

FRAUD WARNING.

Title is NOT in seller's name and has no power of attorney, gave a vacant rental property as his address (which I validated), story was full of errors and lies. Please beware.

VIN JT3DJ81W2S0111012
Kevin Recks
‭(832) 450-3636‬
kevin.996938@gmail.com

What are you trying again?

haven't sold anything on CL so not skilled in its ways, but is he just trying to play a trick where the ad gets bumped?

haven't sold anything on CL so not skilled in its ways, but is he just trying to play a trick where the ad gets bumped?
No he’s just selling a vehicle that he doesn’t own. His name isn’t on the title so when the buyer goes to register it any number of things could happen. Heard many times where the owner is deceased/sold without divorced-spouse’s knowledge/etc. You have no recourse if the seller is a ghost and can be left with no vehicle and out the money or a vehicle that legally cannot be registered.

I ran into something like this a few months ago, it wasn't until I had spent
a couple hours driving and checking out the vehicle that I learned the title
was in someone else's name and he was just selling it for the true owner.
I passed.

I ran into something like this a few months ago, it wasn't until I had spent
a couple hours driving and checking out the vehicle that I learned the title
was in someone else's name and he was just selling it for the true owner.
I passed.
Smart choice. And in this case it's more than just that. He could easily remedy this if it is indeed in for his in-laws. (1) once the person is ready to sign and has money in hand, call them over to do the paperwork (2) have a power of attorney (3) transfer the title into his name first. The bigger issue is the engine that was rebuilt doesn't have documentation and the dealer he said did the work, didn't. "We've seen it on and off over the years but no engine rebuild" is what I was told by the service manager. "Mostly fluid changes, belts, that sort of thing." The guy is clearly trying to pull something – as evidence of it still being for sale after this long. It is by all accounts many peoples' ideal truck. There's a reason no one pulls the trigger.

Here's a funny response to an email for more pictures of an 80 for sale. hmmmm :poop:

Sorry for my late response but I am out of civilization and my connection is bad.
I am working overseas with Weatherford International and I don't know when I will return because of this corona situation.
The car is located at the auto broker in Portland Oregon, crated and ready to go. The car belonged to my father that recently passed away.
I propose to close the deal through an auto broker, in a safe and easiest way possible for both of us. The payment will be sent to their account, they will keep the money until you receive the car. After delivery, you will have a 7 days inspection period before you decide if you wish to keep it or not. I will ship it anywhere for free if you are ready to buy, that means no loans.
Comes with a clean title, manuals and service history records. No accidents.

If you are still interested please let me know so I can provide you their phone#

"My husband is in the military, but his seeing eye dog is lost so he's traveling the world trying to find the little puppy and needs money to pay the bills so the dog can regain his sight but the broker will hold the money in escrow, -----"

Ask them if you could pay for it in Gold coins and that you will value the 1oz gold coins at only $1000 each (gold is now at $2000 at ounce). Point is if they took the deal they would get double their asking price.

But the scammers will invariably turn that offer down and want the money transferred to them in some odd way. I had one scammer send me a photocopy
of a driver's license of someone in Kentucky, but the scammer was most likely
outside the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom