Projectors question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'll give it a shot....

I'm interested in getting a relatively cheap projector so I can mirror my phone on camping trips. Interested in using it for movies, or sports... whatever. I am not concerned about power, I have plenty of that so I'm fine getting one that has to be plugged in and does't run on a battery.

Watching some YouTube reviews of different projectors there are some descent one's out there but my biggest hang-up that I just don't know the answer too is that most seem to have reviews saying you can't mirror Netflix, or YouTube, or YouTube TV because of copyright issues. So I guess that you get an error message. There are mixed reviews about that so I'm not sure what the facts are. Some reviewers say that they "used a work around" and others say it's not an issue, while again some say most apps are blocked.

Does anyone have any experience with a projector on camping trips? On amazon you can get a pretty good one for around $150 and a damn good one for around $600.

This past NFL playoff season a buddy of mine and I went on a trip and sat around the camp fire with my little iPhone streaming playoff games. That really got me thinking of what could be.

Would appreciate any feedback on this if you have any.

no experience with projectors?

Mmm.... Maybe a silent (!) conspiracy by all those Hippies who like to go camping to indulge in peace, quiet, and nature?

Mmm.... Maybe a silent (!) conspiracy by all those Hippies who like to go camping to indulge in peace, quiet, and nature?
I can appreciate and understand that. But for those of us who occasionally like to indulge and the setting is right for it..... you know. :)

That’s a tough one to answer given how many companies build projectors and how many implementations there are. You might just have to buy and try.

As a work around, if you’re an iPhone user, I can confirm mirroring YouTube and Netflix to an Apple TV works. Or alternatively, you could use your phone as a hotspot for the Apple TV and use the native UI on the Apple TV. Not as tidy as an all in one projector setup, but much more info available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom