CVT rtt question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have a Shasta that we purchased several years ago and I just noticed on our last outing that there are two straps attached to the last hoops on the stationary end. They have two loops sewn in on the non attached side and extend almost across to the othe other side. We don't have a clue what their purpose is. They were along side the mattress but the don't seem to reach anything. Anybody know what there for?

Pics of what you're talking about would help. Are they in this pic I pulled up googling "pics of cvt shasta rtt"?

1690819627525.png

Here is link for pic and article:

Here's a pic of the straps

CVT straps.jpg

That's a good suggestion, I had a good experience with customer service as well.

I have the same tent and I'm also clueless regarding their intended function. Please post if you find an answer.

They are to grab onto when going up and down the ladder. You can grab one or borh. Makes getting into and out of the tent much safer and easier.

They are to grab onto when going up and down the ladder. You can grab one or borh. Makes getting into and out of the tent much safer and easier.
I’d like to believe that, but for several reasons I have doubts on the effectiveness of these straps for what you suggest. 1st, they are not well secured to the tent roof brace. Looks like they slide along the brace and that couldn’t supply the support to do the job. 2nd, they are quite light for the job of supporting an adult. 3rd, From the pic provided, they don’t look long enough to reach down the ladder to where you could grab easily. 4th, the roof braces are to support the roof, not the weight of an adult in addition to their designed function, especially if they slide upwards, toward the roof. Lastly, who or what source provided you with this info?

Take my word for it and try it. I guarantee you will appreciate them for that purpose.
As to how I know that was what they are for, it just seemed like common sense to me.
If you have doubts, why not just call CVT and ask them......
Note that the OPs pic is taken from the window end. With the straps flipped around towards the ladder end where they are used you will see that they can't slide up the tubes, pressure on them keeps them at the bottom. Also, they function just as a safety aid and anchor point to help keep your balance while transitioning from the ladder into the tent and visa versa. You are not "hanging" on them with a lot of weight.

Last edited:
I’ll take your word for it. My RTT was a CVT hard shell, so no experience with the fold out type. It just looks sketchy, to me. I’ve sold my RTT and use a small trailer for camping now. I can appreciate experience from a different perspective, though.

That's what they're for, assisting getting in and out of the tent. I had one of the first CVT's years ago and it was marketed that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom