Builds Project240 - FJ60 body / FZJ80 chassis / UZJ100 powertrain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took down my makeshift hoist since I won't need it again for a while and repositioned the truck into it's "winter spot" in the garage. Got my gas tank all worked out, figured out fuel pump wiring and tested it, it works, reassembled everything in the tank and got some fuel lines. Pulled the engine back out, next step is finishing changing over the oil pans and sump to Land Cruiser (my donor is from a Tundra), doing the timing belt and water pump, plus any other service related items, add oil, etc.

progress 092121 (2).jpg
progress 092121.jpg

With summer over and the boat put away in storage it's time to dive back in and get going on this thing again!

I brought the engine up to my mechanic a couple weeks ago to work on when he has time, he's giving it a once-over and while he has it apart doing the timing belt and water pump service. Not much for me to do at the moment while that's happening, but I need to start thinking about fuel lines and radiator next.

engine2.jpg

What all is he doing to the bottom end? Oil pump replacement?
The engine is from a Tundra so we’re changing over the pickup and upper/lower pans to Land Cruiser

The engine is from a Tundra so we’re changing over the pickup and upper/lower pans to Land Cruiser
Oh, gotcha. I understand it's an easy / inexpensive job to replace the oil pump at this point. I've not done one myself, so I can't speak to it personally......

Alright I promise I haven't given up on it, just haven't had much time lately to work on it. Here's where we are. Engine is in, fuel tank mounted. Next step is getting fuel lines made and ran and figuring out radiator and coolant system, then onto electrical. I should have time later in the month to pick it back up!

progress 011222.jpg
gas tank mounted.jpg

I've got the fuel system worked out and bit the bullet for the electrical and ordered a Spitronics ECU/TCU and harness. I could use some help identifying the gearbox solenoid connector on an A343F so they can build the harness, is it top, middle, or bottom?

Trans Connector.jpg

I've got the fuel system worked out and bit the bullet for the electrical and ordered a Spitronics ECU/TCU and harness. I could use some help identifying the gearbox solenoid connector on an A343F so they can build the harness, is it top, middle, or bottom?

View attachment 2966727
@offr0adlim0 ?

I suspect it's the top one but am looking for anyone who can confirm, thanks!

The top 2 pictures are for the shift solenoids

Second set of pictures is the Center Diff Lock Actuator

Third set of pictures is the Transmission Range sensor/Neutral safety switch.

My Spitronics ECU came in a couple weeks ago and I'm anxious to start working on that, but in the meantime I have taken apart and got my seats all cleaned up. The brown ones in the background are from my old LC, and I have four seats in grey I'm piecing together to make two perfect condition seats.

seats.jpg

Nice build! 3 into 1 is always a fun way to go :grinpimp:

Would appreciate a picture of how low the 80 tank sits below the frame.

Finally back at it! After almost a year hiatus due to more pressing projects and a bicep tendon tear late last summer, I finally took the tarp off of it and got myself reacquainted with the project. First up was cleaning it all back up and organizing my workspace, then laying out the Spitronics harness I bought almost a year ago and making sure everything was still there. Then I got to work disassembling the factory engine wiring. Next I'll start plugging all the new stuff in.

status 020223.jpg
factory wiring.jpg
spitronics wiring.jpg

Last edited:
Would appreciate a picture of how low the 80 tank sits below the frame.
Here you go, it sits about even with the very bottom of the hitch, and I measured about 15" of ground clearance from the bottom of the tank to the bottom of the tires which will obviously change once it's sitting on the ground under weight.

fuel tank.jpg

More good progress, just working my way through the Spitronics wiring which I've got about 90% complete, for the most part it's plug and play but I have a few questions and have reached out to them for a little help. Also working on fuel delivery, I've got the lines identified and have the material and bought a flaring tool so I'm going to set up a temp tank just to fire the engine before going all the way with it. Oh I need to get a new belt too and some other minor bits to check through but I'm getting close to attempting to fire it up!

Fuel lines.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom