Project IRON MOOSE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We got some work done on the bumper including, receiver hitch, gussets, 1/4 protection frame supports, main tire carrier structure and swing arm stop.

We should be able to finish it monday:D

Justin
FILE0004.jpg
FILE0006.jpg

I'm diggin the bent plate rear 1/4 protection. How did you attach it at the wheel well?

Thanks, we attached the sides with a 1.75x 120 DOM leg to the frame, via 1/4 plate and some grade 8 bolts!!!

Some more pics of the bumper, she is almost finished, we just have to finish the tube protectors on the sides and put on the swing out!!

Justin
FILE0010.jpg
FILE0011.jpg

Justin, that is looking GREAT! Very clean and I love how it follows the quarter panel. Can't way to see the tubing on it.

Great work!

This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home.
This little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none.
And THIS little piggy went to Vegas, shagged three showgirls on the first night, won a million dollars and is comp'ed for life. Oh yeah and the owner is going to go Whee Whee Whee all the way home.

I love the incredible build here. Just the right amount of beef for protection. It looks like it belonged on there from day one. Really tasteful work Justin and Jay!

I know most everyone uses wing nuts, for mounting a high lift, we like to use custom made aluminum knobs!!!

Justin
FILE0017.jpg
FILE0018.jpg

That is SWEET! I love the attention to detail Justin.

Here I sit in a 12x12 office while you get to have all the fun!

Great work, as always.

Almost done! The side protection tubes are in mock up stage right now and should be done monday!!
Justin
FILE0007.jpg

with the aluminum thumb screws, is there still a way to padlock the hi lift on?

I saw that they were drilled, But I was thinking the same thing. is the latch on the swingout the same knob?

I saw that they were drilled, But I was thinking the same thing. is the latch on the swingout the same knob?

but wouldn't they have to line up with a hole in the threaded shaft, which would mean that it may not be tight enough to stop rattles:confused:

Ok, so we finally received the ORION, and the adapter. We had the trans gone through, cleaned, and some factory parts replaced with aluminum aftermarket components for heavy use! So today we got the orion, mostly built, some small stuff to do< brake drum> ect.. and the trans mounted to the motor with the adapter!!!

So tomorrow we shall start mock up of the full length drivetrain in the Moose for mounts to the frame! Then we can do the suspension...:clap:

Justin
FILE0011.jpg
FILE0014.jpg
FILE0015.jpg

Nice to see things coming together Justin.

I am at almost the exact same point with my 40. I just pulled the Tranny to have the output shaft switched out so that I can use the AA adapter between the tranny and t/c.

Just trying to remember, will you be using the AA twin stick shifter kit on this? If so, you will need to replace the spud shaft on the t/c correct? And then the AA adapter has a bracket that allows you to bolt the twin sticks right onto it, is that right? I hope so because that is what I am expecting to do on my 40.

I like the way the AA adapter pulls the front output shaft of the t/c away from the tranny pan. I was using the Downey adapter on the 40 with the 700R4 and it was a nightmare to try and get that to work. I hope switching adapters is worth it for me.

Can't wait to see this come together.

A shot of our custom LS series motor mounts, Billet Aluminum if you don't mind...:eek:

And a :wrench:in shot of the motor being placed for the first time.!!! She looks gooooood:D

Justin
FILE0017.jpg
FILE0023.jpg

Got the motor mounts in place, lined up and ready for the trans mount to be built
tomorrow. Once we get everything in place we will final weld and complete some gusset plates on the bottom of the motor mounts as well!:D:D:D:D

Justin
IMG_7191.jpg
IMG_7194.jpg
IMG_7202.jpg

A Red Line Tranny mount special. All in mock up, time to get her welded!! We will be using a different/ poly mount in the center on final assembly.

Justin
IMG_7213.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom